Style > Decor

Bath & Body Works Top Five Fall Candle Scents of 2023

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

The leaves are changing colors, the air is chilling and everyone is drinking their pumpkin spice lattes. It’s safe to say fall is officially here! Some would say pumpkin spice lattes are the best part of this time of year. However, nothing beats snuggling up to watch Gilmore Girls with a cozy blanket and smelling your favorite fall candle that you just bought from Bath & Body Works. To truly embrace the 2023 fall season here are the five most trendy and top-rated fall candles to make sure you are doing fall the right way this year!

Cinnamon Spiced Vanilla

Starting with fall scent number five we have Cinnamon Spiced Vanilla. This candle has been a top seller during this fall season at Bath & Body Works with a 4.5-star rating. Bath & Body Works describes this candle as “a warm, spiced, creamy indulgence.” The scent has hints of fresh ground cinnamon, sugar crystals and Tahitian vanilla bean. Perfect to light around the house if you love the scent of vanilla but want something a little more fall-inspired!

AkUX7cOcAw06Jn7lhDjmadNzGER nvdzbZtWGwT3F9lh5ExHvd93pbkSBwfjs02nAs qJeKRHdD5CdhShqYoojGOJoFIHo y9HF97pWJdjsBk4nJBQbbRukFURrIPFrvWL0AG8MNKVIkL tmmshkkQ

Bourbon Maple

Moving on to fall scent number four we have another 4.5-star rated candle, Bourbon Maple. This candle is seen as “your ideal nightcap with a hint of fall sweetness.” Bourbon Maple contains the fragrance of barrel-aged bourbon, sugared amber and maple wood. This candle is the best choice if you don’t particularly enjoy Bath & Body Works signature sweet scents. This one has a little sweetness that truly goes a long way!

d7w73CZWIGKI1Ujmym9RbtAYiSIDNU HHkxvaXs8QBHSF56mmeW9 qKqpZwf3S7onIZb3wab1Klz41 0ntQKlw j xaAz

Spiced Pumpkin and patchouli

Candle scent number three for this 2023 fall season is Spiced Pumpkin and Patchouli coming in with a 4.7 star rating. This candle is labeled as “the sweet, spiced pumpkin you’d expect with earthy, herbal undertones.” Within this candle, there are scents of rich pumpkin, warm patchouli and a touch of cinnamon sugar. If you’re looking for a scent this fall that is refreshing but also has the iconic pumpkin scent that everyone needs this time of year, Spiced Pumpkin and Patchouli might just be the perfect match for you!

6Lv OiKKVo9A0 3yZ7naaM4TyBh zJtKSgPuc21JtmgIJf3heT722qWHiZSMTwkR3lxnYcT4TCEvwsxtXRsOSLFkYhDO8AjHbjIIIAJLdzbdteLGod3 qL3pq LQ0orHdSSOOK82VZnf3QC6TXomjw

Caramel pumpkin swirl

Looking at this leaderboard of top five fall scents, spot number two is taken by the one and only Caramel Pumpkin Swirl. This candle ranks with a 4.7-star rating. Bath & Body Works describes this one as “a super-sweet, crave-worthy take on a fall-time favorite.” The fragrances in this candle are luscious caramel, ground cinnamon, rich brown sugar and creamy vanilla. This candle sticks to the well-known sweet and delicious scents of the Bath & Body Work brand with hints of ingredients that truly get your mouth watering and your house smelling better than ever for this fall season. If you are a fan of the super sweet scents this candle is going to be a must-have for this time of year!

QNBhoLAwtuzPgo1Y3Klk6t7dcbcFsUoOEEXC16Wqve18OaB8UY5027 JhVOlgECzaE8BlqWGLpU2J3HVCOBvCqFXTRDTvSu MWVJfUE7aRanKVu fh26nV5nr6v9ocgPM8rIilQaWcLTOfTanvQ g

Pumpkin pecan waffles

Last but not least the most trendy and top-rated fall candle of the 2023 fall season by Bath & Body Works is Pumpkin Pecan Waffles with a rating of 4.8 stars! The description of the candle people love the most is “the sweet, nutty autumn wake-up call you crave.” With notes of maple syrup, golden waffles, pumpkin spice and brown sugar, the Pumpkin Pecan Waffle scent takes the number one spot this fall! 

bP0 ouLRTm E75spIyO3I76j9NKpfL6u2bDsj3xx2xaTkl9SvQZ4diusuApuj0GobvPzRV8A4rMRNfdR4a9Z99fjnf76YH5yfbSHddo28FTQcBqndTjhRvnPFYoplqJ8X FS0 f2 QhE4VhzOGFcPQ

which one will you choose?

During the fall there are many different activities you can do like going to a pumpkin patch, going apple picking, carving or painting pumpkins, baking, and the list goes on and on. But, something that will always trump those fun adventures is time at home relaxing with the ones you love, watching a movie, and eating fantastic snacks while creating an environment to truly get into the fall spirit by lighting your favorite candle. With this list of the top five scents of the season, you have plenty of options to choose from!

Heddi Wells

Hofstra '26

Heddi Wells is a sophomore at Hofstra University. She is from Connecticut and is majoring in Music Business with a minor in Social Media Marketing. She is interested in writing about pop culture, fashion and beauty trends, music, and the music industry.