This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Everyone deserves a little love on Valentine’s Day, but a heartfelt present does not need to cost an arm and a leg. Whether you’re spending the 14th with that special someone, a best friend or loving yourself BY yourself, these gifts are exceptionally swoon-worthy.

hand written letter

What better way to express your affection than through a personalized note from the heart? Do not be intimidated by the prospect of bearing your heart and soul on paper, just formulate a written way to say “I love you” that can be cherished as a keepsake forever. You can spice up your love letter with a decorative piece of stationary, colorful pens, or sweet stickers, all of which can be found in your own home or your local discount store (Five Below, Dollar Tree, etc.).

at home spa day

Do you have some sheet masks laying around from the holiday season? How about some scented lotion perfect for a back massage? A bath bomb or bath salts to prepare a soothing bubble bath? A personalized spa day does not have to be extravagant and expensive! Collect self-care products from around the house, light some candles and offer your second half (or yourself) a relaxing evening from the comfort of your own home. If you are feeling extra ambitious, you can find D.I.Y. facials, hair masks, body scrubs and more using household ingredients for a personalized touch.

home cooked meal

The special ingredient for this gift is love! The internet is swimming with inexpensive, simple, and delicious recipes for even the pickiest Valentine. You are guaranteed to find a meal to make with whatever you have in your pantry: simply type in the ingredients you wish to use! If you do not mind spending some extra time in the kitchen, try crafting a multi-course meal including an appetizer and dessert! Now, all that is left to do is set up your dining area and serve your masterpiece.

coupon book

This homemade gift is perfect for that special someone with an appreciation for acts of service. Collect a list of activities, acts, and fun dates to present to your partner in the form of coupons. These could include activities such as a spontaneous kitchen dance party, acts such as doing a chore of the recipients choice, or dates such as a movie night showing a film of their choice. Create and decorate as many coupons your heart desires and watch your Valentine’s eyes light up upon receiving them.

Custom Playlist

Music is certainly a growing love language. Touch the heart of your music-loving Valentine by curating a playlist just for them. There are no rules when creating playlists, but there are a few go-to ideas. Add all of your loved one’s favorite songs, collect songs that have sentimental value to them, find new songs you think they would be in to, or reveal some music that simply reminds you of them. To make this gift extra special, write a brief description of your purpose for adding each song!

No matter how you spread love this Valentine’s Day, remember that a price tag is not the most important thing. Making someone smile is priceless!

Haley Thompson is a freshman student at Hofstra University studying Public Relations and Strategic Communications with a minor in Drama. She is interested in everything music, fashion, beauty, pop-culture, and performing arts. Her interests are ever-expanding as she explores college life.