9 Products to Keep You Protected from the Sun this Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

With all of the warm weather and sunny days approaching, surely more beach days are in store for the future. With increasingly more exposure to the sun, you’ve got to keep your skin protected from all of those UV rays! Here are a few of the best products to incorporate into your beauty routine to keep your skin nice and healthy!

Neutrogena Beach Defense Broad Spectrum Sunscreen Body Lotion SPF 70

Product image via Neutrogena.com

This is my all time favorite sunscreen! With no extra frills, this generic simple sunscreen gets the job done. This product will always prevent you from getting a sunburn, but also is great for all skin types! Unlike other sunscreens, Neutrogena won’t cause you to break out or feel gross and oily. If you are looking for a nice and easy sunscreen that you won’t have to worry about, Neutrogena Beach Defense has got you covered!

Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen

Product image via Target.com

This is another generic sunscreen for your whole body, although it works wonders. A friend of mine with skin incredibly sensitive to the sun swears by this brand. So if anytime time you step outside you return looking a nice shade of pink and think there isn’t a sunscreen for you, try this one out!

Make P:REM Blue Ray Sun Gel

Product image via Amazon.com 

This sunscreen is unusual in the sense that it is a gel. This product feels nice and light. Its formulation is very hydrating and is anything but greasy. And if the white cast left by many sunscreens is a concern of yours, this sun gel dries completely clear so give it a try!

Aveeno Positively Radiant Facial Moisturizer

Product image via Ulta.com

This product is great for daily use. While I wouldn’t suggest using this product on its own for outdoor use, it is great for your everyday makeup routine. I wear this everyday underneath my foundation on days when I will only be outside when walking between classes. Even in the winter, your skin needs to be protected from the sun! This product is great because it will help out your skin in more ways than one!

Fresh Sugar Sport Treatment Sunscreen

Product image via Fresh.com

This product comes in the form of a solid stick and is specifically designed for your face. Have you ever thought about putting sunscreen on your lips? Well, I hadn’t until I heard about this product! This formula works great for your face, lips and the sensitive area around your eyes. It’s its waterproof so no need to reapply! What’s not to love?

Drunk Elephant Umbra Tinte Physical Daily Defense

Product image via Drunkelephant.com

Don’t want to add another step to your routine? Then this tinted sunscreen is just for you! Ditch your foundation and replace it with this product all you’ll be good to go! This product is great for all skin types and will leave your skin glowing!

Tarteguard Mineral Powder Sunscreen

Product image via Tartecosmetics.com

Already got a system incorporating sunscreen into your routine but want to reapply without redoing your whole face? Then Tarte had you in mind when making this product. This product has great packaging with a brush included underneath a cap, making it incredibly easy to keep it on you at all times. Just sprinkle some of this powder on your face throughout the day and your skin will thank you later!

SUPERGOOP! Defense Refresh Setting Mist

Product image via Sephora.com

Similarly, this product allows you to make sunscreen your last step without ruining your makeup. Just spray this on your face before you leave the house and you are good to go! And it keeps your makeup in place? Yes, please!

Zinc Oxide Cream

Have you ever messed up and forgotten to put on sunscreen before a whole day out in the sun? Has your sunscreen ever been too weak and you still got sunburns? Any brand of zinc oxide cream will seriously relieve the burning and help your skin heal and return to a normal color in no time!

Now go out there and get some sun in this beautiful warm weather!

Courtney is a journalism and drama double major at Hofstra University. She is also the Associate Producer of the 30 minute HEAT network news program Hofstra Today as well as a News Anchor for the WRHU radio show The Screening Room. She loves all things Broadway, thinks a good cup of coffee is essential to a good day, and is obsessed with her cat.