8 Unique, Affordable Spring Break Destination Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Everyone wants to have a relaxing, fun spring break. You’re off from school, you have some freedom, you want to get away! Sometimes, though, your wallet disagrees. Here’s some destinations you can plan a vacation to without breaking the bank!

Abroad:

1. Punta Cana

The Dominican Republic is slowly on the rise to become the new Panama City and Cancun of Spring Breaks. While it may still be growing into the nightlife and bars of those classic locations, it has some of the most affordable all-inclusive beach resorts, so you can get the entire experience all in one! Check out this link from TripAdvisor for some affordable resorts.

2. Cancun

This is the hot spot for all spring breakers. MTV’s Spring Break Headquarters is located here and it has been the number one spring break getaway for years. During the day, it’s a vibrant city of sun, beach, and culture, and the night brings on clubs, bars, dancing, and fun! If you’re looking for that classic spring break feel, this is the place for you. Here’s a link to some affordable beach resorts. And here’s a link for some cheaper Cancun hotels.

3. Camino de Santiago

This trip is really off the beaten path and very different from your #basic spring breaks. This is a long hike through northern Spain with hostels and restaurants all along the way. If you love the outdoors and are looking for an adventurous way to spend your break, this might be the trip for you! For more information, click here.

4. Coast Blackcomb Suites at Whistler

If your idea of spring break doesn’t exactly include hot beaches and busy nightlife, but more along the lines of a woodsy, wintery escape, this ski resort might be the one for you. With complimentary breakfast, cozy suites, and slope-side jacuzzis, the cold-weather paradise is perfect for your ski bunny fix. Here’s a link for more info.

U.S.A. Destinations:

1. Florida

Of course, American kids’ first thought for spring break is Florida— Panama City, Key West, Orlando, Daytona Beach. While it’s the most typical spring breakers destination, you’re guaranteed affordable fun all week long. If you’re looking for that classic spring break feel, Florida locations are the place for you! Here’s a link to some specific spot ideas.

2. Savannah, Georgia

One of the biggest tourist spots in Georgia, Savannah offers beautiful landscapes, history, and, of course, food! While it’s not a hot spot for nightlife and clubs, it’s the perfect place to rejuvenate and relax for your spring break— which, essentially, is what the “break” is all about. Here’s a link to some places to stay in Savannah.

3. New Orleans, Louisiana

Even when it’s not Mardi Gras, New Orleans is a bustling party town full of nightlife and fun. Here, you’re sure to make tons of memories with friends and eat some of the greatest southern food. While hotels can be really expensive, hostels and motels run cheaper if you book in advance. Use this link to look for some.

4. Austin, Texas

Full of food, shopping, and nightlife, Austin has so much to offer for your spring break. Stocked with bars, clubs, and live music, there’s always something to do in this Texas town. Take a cross country road trip with friends or book a flight with your bae! Either way, you’ll have an amazing time down in Texas for your spring break 2018. The super affordable Firehouse Hostel is just a block away from one of the busiest streets in Austin, giving you access to all that nighttime fun! Here’s the link!

Wherever you go for spring break, make sure you’re going where you want to go and where you’ll have the most fun. Your vacation is what you make of it, whether you end up in Cancun or Georgia! Even if you just stay at home, it’s the perfect time to rest up, have some fun, and relax before getting back to school!

Madison Mento is a senior at Hofstra University and is majoring in Public Relations with minors in Spanish and Photography. She is a writer, artist, activist, and avid ginger. She likes her coffee iced, her pizza hot, and anything to do with beauty. She is currently the Co-President of Her Campus Hofstra and loves the organization!