5 PLACES TO VISIT IN NYC THIS HOLIDAY SEASON

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

It is officially holiday season! All the colors and lights are both exciting and beautiful especially here in New York City. As a native New Yorker, I’ve had my fair share of experience with the city during this wonderful time of the year. There are so many amazing things to see and activities to participate in that will give the memories of a lifetime. Here’s a quick list of five places to visit in New York City that are perfect to get anyone in the holiday spirit.

1. Bronx Zoo

The first location on the list is the Bronx Zoo. This is the perfect place to visit with family of friends to see beautiful lights and enjoy delicious treats. From roasting marshmallows for s’mores, to making a nice cup of hot cocoa, this experience offers something everyone could enjoy. The Bronx Zoo Holiday Lights exhibit includes a walk through experience with lights and lanterns of various animals that create great photo ops.

8AV4epSUv3U743hQ0tMAupLOtujgQcBJF4grFd rFmQtESRkgNGmMZlTahJ

T3kOCtZMSVEn2qNOTegX4e2VJ rUk DN1veTj VNxugF4ObKgEaYW4ldHQNuFzFkk0a0ppMIMEDarWYPTzZHXVqfir2zvasBpnUr2rSX7rQ7jPGBJk7D ee8 H0VPOqhk 8X8SBaW7JQhG0q4cZ6 Is

2. Rockefeller Center Tree & Saks Fifth Avenue Light Show

This next location is a two for one experience. The infamous tree at Rockefeller Center is definitely a sight to see while in New York City. The tree towers tall over the ice skating rink and is surrounded by beautiful displays all along Fifth Avenue. Additionally, directly across from the tree is the classic Saks Fifth Avenue Light Show. Running daily from five to ten pm, the light show occurs every ten minutes. The Saks Fifth Avenue Light Show makes for a wonderful experience and is completely free to watch.

J8T5YsySV6erBwQaM5jkI5JBvijsqpXa2BDzrcbrWZ0wShvYWFuv EQK lxrOZE9lVQTB 8E9ethRRgjaA4J8fPoKjjGDcoCOzkwiR43ZwK0c7N oAe E7MfoIC0RqLbPnUk0AfpgSoK5qXs2nN f58

fvfLClCGXqSuqswbV0iNBFJrWSrcpQSoulDSFgNsd3bH8ronVr47zKroO9R4qLEI0sQfnBrczNWbBwkxZTDJgRe1i mxQs8GZeb0GyAbK4Bpi819x7KYu9TSXu8w9Q1xQsCJaXH6g1Ed 2Gu8CSKFRc

3. Bryant Park Winter Village

Bryant Park is an enjoyable place to visit in New York City year round but is especially extravagant during the holiday season. The annual Winter Village at Bryant Park consists of various food places with delicious savory meals and enjoyable desserts. The Winter Village is packed full with numerous holiday shops with venders selling jewelry and other unique trinkets. The village offers something for everyone to enjoy, whether that be food or shopping. Bryant Park is also home to a skating rink which is another fun activity to partake in while visiting the Winter Village.

4. Union Square Holiday Market

On the topic of holiday shopping, the Union Square Holiday Market is full of various shops to find beautiful and unique pieces. From clothing and blankets to jewelry and home decor, there is so much to explore at the market. There are lots of hidden gems and many of the vendors are small businesses. There are even a few places to grab a quick bite to eat or pick up a hot cider to keep warm in the cold weather. The Union Square Winter Village is a great stop to make during the holiday season.

5xU4s xtpPr5kGnY ifovfJFyvRrB0Cc7kRAaXjaxvyGUWLPqXTfRXNKAZPEGBwwmnwZKOsnzQp7priKIyMqvRDbSBUzbwqS8w9LK2 YqJXX knoYezaCo2Nl00qpEbwx 96D I4TkkJn8ISlP1arAI

5. New York Botanical Garden’s Holiday Train Show

The final destination on this holiday list is the New York Botanical Garden’s Holiday Train Show. Located inside of a dome are small models – created with natural materials – of various landmarks in New York City such as the Statue of Liberty and Yankee Stadium. The train part of this exhibit are the model trains that soar overhead and outdoors along NYC bridges. Outside there are also many beautiful light displays that will make the holiday spirit come alive.

CxX chQl3MTBFZ7X0hytcOWBagzjyISgaPd93cGKGY8WrvkUTIhgoouPcAWs9HF4Chi ExoLQTCEwpFZHlY97uiDx2I2IM8WNpTHlL4fM1VmGKcy YN hCi80l96vaYMjuwWliiFadDGBCcTLnp iIs

a9RS1 aUcRAzSZeOoyFuYZR4oujiO1gQPqe73LBXZWn1Npb i5SdYcp1jn pBnMqZh3jngrn TCGgYnlr5i VPZ9eKpgTzCgS GDmWcg0Xwmc0KZ8PlnlAmsXJ DpjjkbJ1BcEZwTY9sR9 aGKJkkiY

New York City has much to explore and beautiful sights to see especially during the holiday season. These were just a few of the many experiences that can be discovered in this melting pot of a city. As always, when exploring stay safe, stay warm, and enjoy the holidays!

Denivia Rivera is a current freshman at Hofstra University with a double major in Journalism and Dance. She is from the Bronx, New York and has a passion for writing!