girl power 1
girl power 1
Kristen Bryant / Her Campus

5 Feminist Instagram Accounts You Should Be Following

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Needing motivation and inspiration during this difficult time? Here are 5 feminist Instagram accounts that everyone should follow. Spice up your feed with these empowering posts. Now, that we have so much more time to waste on Instagram, fill it with something more beneficial and exciting than usual!

@feministfightclub

Based on the manual for a sexist workplace by Jessica Bennet, this account has empowering posts, great advice, and thoughtful points. Follow @feministfightclub where the only rule is that you MUST talk about the club!

@feminists

Created by Scarlett Curtis to represent her book, “Feminists Don’t Wear Pink and Other Lies,” this account is full of powerful women and ideas. Learn about historical women who fought for equality and appreciate what other women have done and are doing for our equality. Follow @feminists to fully understand what women deserve and what we need to fight for!

@feminist

This account is perfect for your daily dose of feminist rants. In the mood to be riled up and laugh at the same time, this account does just that! Follow @feminist for some real hard-hitting memes!

@feminist.lisa

Lisa Simpson is a feminist icon and we all need a little bit of her in our feed. With relatable facial expressions and comments, Lisa’s got you covered. Follow @feminist.lisa for the best feminist posts of all time!

@feministvoice

This account is perfect for those pick-me-up days when you just need someone to tell you you’re awesome! Sprinkle your feed with daily reminders and empowering thoughts. Follow @feministvoice to recognize and appreciate the voice inside of you!

Everyone is going to have a hard time during social distancing. Add some feminist accounts and add some positivity to your Instagram feed! Women are so powerful and now is our time to shine! If anyone can make a difference in the world and share positivity, it’s us!

Laptop with white mug that says the future is female with a lipstick mark
Pexels / CoWomen

Hello! I'm a Sophomore at Hofstra University, double majoring in Journalism and Dance. I love coffee and peanut butter with a passion. I have lots of opinions and love writing about pretty much anything, so I hope you enjoy what I've got to say!