Halloween is less than a week away, and it’s time to plan your costume. But along with the trick or treating comes the endless amounts of homework and no time to make an extravagant costume. So, here are five badass Halloween drugstore makeup looks you can create in less than 15 minutes:
It’s the year of Pennywise’s fabulous army, and it’s time to party.
- Step 1: Do your normal face routine but instead, cover up your brows with concealer or powder. I’ll be using the Hard Candy Tattoo Concealer and Rimmel Stay Matte Powder.
- Step 2: Sharpen cheekbones so much that you could cut a killer clown with them. Throw out the norm and make your contour sharp and stand out with your Wet N Wild Contour Palette. To really look like an actual clown, pump up that blush with NYX Blush in Peach.
- Step 3: Remember all those eyeliners that failed? Well, they’ll finally come in handy. Make two huge triangles under your eyes with Maybelline Stiletto Eyeliner or Wet N Wild Kohl Eyeliner in Black. Then draw a line from the end of your eye to the end of your forehead.
- Step 4: Remember our NYX Blush? Mix it with a red shade from the Coastal Scents 88 Eyeshadow Palette and blend towards the center of your forehead. (Mix in some black so it’s less harsh of a transition.)
- Step 5: Blend those colors out throughout your head.
- Step 6: Cherry on top, cherry red lips. Apply for Wet N Wild Liquid Catsuits in Missy & Fierce.
- Step 7: Time for the finishing touches. Use the red liquid lipstick to dot the ends of the triangles under your eyes. Use the eyeliner to line outside your lips, extend the tip for a sinister look. Apply falsies if you wanna be extra glammed up clown. If you don’t have paint, use your eyeliner and make a striped pattern coming down from your neck, use the same motion with red and black like you did with your forehead.
- Step 8: Get your clown on, and let your hair be as crazy as your new look!
The struggle is real when you feel like a deer on the inside, but wanna be the odd one out amongst the countless deer makeups. Keep reading for some a-doe-able variations. (Don’t worry, I know that pun was awful. But I promise these makeups won’t be!)
- Step 1: Do your normal foundation routine so we start with a perfect canvas.
- Step 2: Skip the normal contour shades for something a bit out there. Use your Coastal Scents 252 Eyeshadow Palette and pick your shades you want to start with. (Acid Doe Makeup: use greens to start off. Space-Doe: use light blue and purple to start off with) Dip your brush in and blend all over the perimeters of your face, even contour with it on your face/ chest. Use a dark shade to go over the original colors, blend into contour. (Acid-Doe: dark green. Space Doe: dark purple.)
- Step 3: Fill in those brows with wacky colors (Acid-Doe: Pink. Space Doe: Light blue.)
- Step 4: Blend a light layer of shadow in the crease. (Acid-Doe: Pink. Space Doe: Light blue.)
- Step 5: Apply eyeliner. (Acid-Doe: Maybelline Eyeliner in Green. Space Doe: NYX Crayon in Milk or Wet N Wild Kohl Eyeliner in White.)
- Step 6: Remember the eyeliner? Apply in small dots and C shapes throughout your face to show Doe spots.
- Step 7: Use Wet N Wild Kohl Eyeliner in Black to fill in the nose and top lip to seal the deal.
- Step 8: (Optional) For Space Doe, add NYX Glitter in Violet as an astounding highlight. For Acid-Doe, add Wet N Wild Highlight in Precious Petals.
- Step 1: Do your normal foundation routine, but do the front of your brows with your normal shade and cut it off towards the arch. Make it tipped towards straight to your side like so. Line the bottom with NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk or Wet N Wild Kohl Eyeliner in White.
- Step 2: Use your Coastal Scents 252 Eyeshadow Palette and pick your shades you want to start with the color of your choice. Since I’m a tree nymph at heart, I’ll be using green.
- Step 3: Use a colored highlight for that Tinker Bell touch, you can use the Ulta Loose Eyeshadows.
- Step 4: Make designs of your choice on your forehead, chin, and cheekbones with NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk or Wet N Wild Kohl Eyeliner in White. We’re fairies, so we gotta look as mystical as eyeliner can make us.
- Step 5: For added depth, mix up the designs with Maybelline Line Stiletto in Black and Maybelline Eyeliner in Green.
- Step 6: Every look could use a red lippie, so I’ll be using Wet N Wild Liquid Catsuits in Missy & Fierce.
- Step 7: (Optional) Top it all off with glitter shadow on the lips, white liner down the middle on your lips, and let the glitter rain down.
- Step 1: Apply foundation one shade lighter than your skin tone and conceal your brows with Hard Candy Glamoflouge Concealer. Last time I checked, most Zombies’ eyebrows aren’t on point.
- Step 2: The goal is to look anything but alive, so time it’s to layer on the bruise tone colors with Coastal Scents 252 Eyeshadow Palette. Start with dabbing yellow all around the sides of your face, then dark orange, red, blue, purple, then brown. You should look like a zombie that has seen some sh*t.
- Step 3: Take your contour to the extreme and sink in those cheekbones with the Wet N Wild Contour Palette and the CS Palette grey shade. Get a grey shadow and start carving your cheekbones downward and around the inner corner of your eyes.
- Step 4: Next, it’s time for a zombie bite. Take your red liquid lipstick (Wet N Wild Liquid Lipstick in Missy & Fierce) and make little teardrop shapes in a circle. Then take a black shadow from CS Palette and put it in the top of each drop, using a red shadow to blend it out. Maybe dab some purple shadow for good measure!
- Step 5: Use white liner (NYX Jumbo White Liner in Milk) around the bite to highlight and put that bruise design around.
- Step 6: With the red lipstick earlier, top it off with red lipstick in the center and blend out.
- Step 1: Apply foundation and fill in your brows.
- Step 2: Stack on the shimmer bronzer from LA Girl Holiday Palette
- Step 3: The most important step: remember the makeup challenge using only highlighter? Well, prepare for its newest reign. Apply your highlight until you look like the queen of disco balls with Wet N Wild Highlight in Precious Petals.
- Step 4: Whether you want to be a goddess or enchantress, you need to create a whimsical eyeliner look with it. Add details throughout with the eyeliner NYX Jumbo White Eyeliner in Milk.
- Step 6: Add a red or dark lipstick from Wet N Wild. Think of the White Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
- Step 7: We’re not stopping with the highlight – add some to the lips for extra effect.
- Step 8 (Optional): Goddess is the name, dramatic is the game: stack on those falsies.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with your makeup this Halloween. Not only are these looks affordable and easy, you’ll stand out with your killer looks!
All photos by @delilah_grayfx on Instagram
Cover Photo: Unsplash by Rhett Wesley