4 Newest Food Trends Everyone is Freaking Out About

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

We are constantly hearing about the newest food trends that someone came up with and for those who love desserts (like me!) this is what keeps us going! Food trends are great but sometimes you need to see for yourself how good they actually are. From ice cream to cheese here are four new food trends, you won’t be sorry if you try!

Ice Cream Stuffed Doughnuts

Photo Courtesy of Scary Mommy

Ice cream stuffed doughnuts took NYC by storm this summer. If you like doughnuts and you like ice cream, you may be taking a stop at the ‘Stuffed Ice Cream’ shop in the East Village. They start by using freshly baked and glazed doughnuts and fill them with your favorite homemade ice cream. You can top this off with your favorite toppings.

Taiyaki

Photo Courtesy of Taiyakinyc.com

This new dessert can be found in NYC and are made to bring different cultures to the surrounding community. Taiyaki is a Japanese street food that actually means ‘grilled sea bream’. The dessert consists of a pancake-like batter poured into a Japanese fish-shaped pan and then filled with the ice cream of your choice and topped with whatever you would like. They also serve a wide variety of unicorn drinks and ice cream

Cheese Boats

Photo Courtesy of Cheeseboat

Cheese boats are becoming a thing! In Brooklyn, you can find the restaurant Cheeseboat where they make multiple ‘cauldrons’ of cheese, eggs, and butter. They start by stuffing dough with cheese and then bake it until it the cheese is melted and gooey. The dough is shaped like a boat because the dish comes from the Black Sea area.

Wine Ice Cream

Photo Courtesy of Mercer’s Dairy

This newest food trend is taking not just NYC but the country by storm. Wine Ice Cream created by Mercer’s in Boonville, NY is making and shipping to order 10 different flavors of ice cream. You can find this amazing treat in and around NYC throughout Brooklyn and you can purchase it from their website. The 10 wine flavors they currently have are; Peach White Zinfandel, Chocolate Cabernet, Lemon Sparkling, Cherry Merlot, Strawberry Sparkling, Port, Shiraz, Spice, Red Raspberry Chardonnay, and Riesling.

Hannah is currently a junior journalism major and graphic design minor at Hofstra University. She's a small town girl from Vermont who moved to the big city with high hopes and nowhere near enough money. Hannah has a big heart for animals, writing, designing, and Netflix. She is an aspiring journalist who's bucket list includes traveling around the world and working in the magazine industry.