This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Holiday season is here and it’s time to start thinking about gifts. With gift buying, it’s important to be conscience of how much we spend. Here are fifteen easy and affordable gift ideas for your friends and family that won’t make your pockets hurt.

1. Throw Blanket

A throw blanket is the perfect gift for anyone to get cozy this winter season. There are plenty of designs to explore to fit anyone’s interests.

2. Mug

Who doesn’t love a good mug? There are options in different colors, designs, or even quotes. You can even throw in their favorite tea or some hot cocoa mix to accompany the gift.

3. Lipgloss Set

Coach x Sephora Tea Rose Lipgloss Set
Sephora

You can never go wrong with lipgloss. Super easy and affordable, just pick up a set or buy a couple and throw them in a mini gift bag.

4. Fuzzy Socks

Socks are one of the easiest gifts out there because everyone wears them. Fuzzy socks are nice and warm for cozy season and come in various colors and designs.

5. Makeup Bag

emmazack4
Photo Courtesy of Emma Zack

While there are makeup bags that are more high end, there are plenty of good quality makeup bags that can be found for very inexpensive. Makeup bags can be used for makeup or any other small personal belongings which makes them a great versatile gift for anyone.

6. Pajama Pants

Both cozy and comfortable, pajama pants will forever be a great affordable gift to give anyone during the holiday season.

7. Candy/Snacks

Possibly the easiest gift on this list is candy and or snacks. Everyone has their favorite snack and you can never go wrong with gifting a delicious treat. Snacks and candy are also great to throw in with a separate gift.

8. Fragrance Set

Who doesn’t love a brand new scent in their collection? Fragrance gift sets are simple, yet enjoyable, and can be found for an affordable price.

9. Phone Case

Arguably one of the cutest gifts is a phone case. Phone cases are great way to cater to someone’s interests. Pick up a phone case with your loved one’s favorite show, movie, quote, color, design, etc.

10. Face Masks

face mask self care?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
Original Illustration Designed in Canva for Her Campus Media

Whether it’s a sheet mask or a peel off, face masks are a great addition to anyone’s skin care routine and can have many different benefits for the skin.

11. Arts and Crafts Set

For anyone with a creative mind or someone who just enjoys a fun pass time, an arts and crafts set can act as both a relaxing and entertaining gift. This can be anything from a coloring book, paint by number, crochet set or even a cute jewelry making set.

12. Candle

A candle is a super cute gift for anyone and can be found in many different scents to suit various different preferences.

13. Stuffed Animal

Both adorable and soft, a stuffed animal can be the perfect addition to anyone’s room and makes for a simple and affordable gift.

14. Water Bottle

It’s always important to stay hydrated – and having a cute new water bottle makes it so much more fun to keep up on your water intake everyday.

15. Planner

With this year coming to an end soon, a planner is the perfect gift for staying organized during the new year.

These are just a few simple and affordable gift ideas to help out this holiday season. These products can be found for very inexpensive at stores such as Five Below, Target, or Walmart. Happy holidays and happy pockets.

Denivia Rivera is a current freshman at Hofstra University with a double major in Journalism and Dance. She is from the Bronx, New York and has a passion for writing!