11 Things That Incoming Hofstra Freshmen Can Look Forward To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

1)  Getting free HOFSTRA PRIDE t-shirts during orientation.

2)  Hunting down Kate and Willie Pride to take a picture with them and instantly post on Instagram.

3)  No more curfews or telling your parents when you leave the house!

FREEEDOMMM! You can pull an all-nighter whenever you want (though I wouldn’t suggest it since you have class the next day!)

4)  Being able to decorate your dorm however you want to.

And getting really excited when you see the poster man outside of the Student Center the first week of classes.

5)  Being able to eat whatever and whenever you want to.

But quickly remembering how expensive the food is.

6)  Making your own schedule for classes

As much as those 8ams do not seem painful at first, you will quickly realize how wrong you were.

7)  Finding the right time to post an Instagram of you on the lion statue.

8)  Going to Dizzy’s for the first time, then realizing that was stupid.

9)  Getting very excited when you finish your last class on Thursday and can go back to the dorm to get ready for Ladies Night at Mchebes.

10) Getting even more excited when you are out at Ladies Night and realize you don’t have any Friday classes.

11) Being excited to make a thousand of memories with lifetime friends.

Hi, my name is Dani! I am a sophomore at Hofstra University with a major in journalism and a minor in political science. I love fashion along with politics. My goal is to move to DC right after college and write for a newspaper like The Washington Post.
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!