10 Past Grammys Outfits We Hated

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

1. Nicki Minaj 2012

Luckily my prayers have been answered, and Nicki’s outfits have only gone up from here. 

2. Nadeea 2010

This just looks like cheap, ill-fitting lingerie. Sideboob is a huge no! And c’mon, only Kesha and Lady Gaga can pull off the glitter around the eye.  

3. Robyn 2011

An oversized white t-shirt and a high-waisted white mullet skirt are not what you would wear to the Grammys – or anywhere for that matter. Yellow workboots don’t belong on the red carpet either. 

4. Pharrell Williams 2014

I don’t know which is worse – how many times the song “Happy” was played on the radio or Pharrell’s hat. 

5. Lil Kim 1999

Who could forget Lil Kim’s infamous mermaid themed ensemble? Fashion tip: leave the pasties as far away from the red carpet as possible. 

6. Imogen Heap 2007

This black dress is anything but simple. Imogen looks like a mess in a dress. 

7. Madonna 1999

For the 1999 Grammys Madonna chose the all-red geisha look, but it didn’t choose her. 

8. Cher 2008

Cher’s dress is anything but sunny. 

9. Jennifer Lopez 2000

No words needed for JLo’s infamous and quite unforgettable Grammys, errr, dress. 

10. Christina Aguilera 2001

Christina Aguilera, you are beautiful! But I don’t think the braids and the dress work well together, or at all. 

Student at Hofstra University majoring in journalism.
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!