10 Netflix Shows That You MUST Binge-Watch Immediately

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Everyone needs some down time every once in a while, and what better to do during that time than watch hours of endless Netflix stream? Binge-watching is totally safe, right? Hopefully you’ve stocked up on enough popcorn, because here is a list of ten shows that you can stream instantly on Netflix whenever you feel like being a couch potato.

1. Orange is the New Black: A definite must watch Netflix original series based on the true story of Piper Kerman’s time in a woman’s prison. Hold on to your chair as you learn about the other inmate’s crimes and dark pasts!

Seasons Available: 1

2. Pretty Little Liars:  If you don’t already watch this series on the regular, you’re missing out! Tap into the drama of four Rosewood, Pennsylvania teens as they become manipulated by “A,” the anonymous omniscient antagonist who seeks to ruin their lives in every way possible.

Seasons Available: 1-3

3. Bob’s Burgers: The Belcher family and their restaurant is nothing but a hot mess 99.9% of the time, but that’s why fans love them. Keep an eye out for each episode’s “punny” burger special on the restaurant’s chalkboard.

Seasons Available: 1-3

4. Scandal: What’s a binge watching session without a little bit of a scandal? Join Olivia Pope and the gang at Olivia Pope & Associates as they deal with U.S. politics―scandalously, of course.

Seasons Available: 1 & 2

5. Mad Men: Binge-watch your way back to the 1960s with Madison Avenue’s infamous “mad men” at the Sterling Cooper & Partners advertising agency.

Seasons Available: 1-6

6. American Horror Story: Give yourself a bit of a scare with the notoriously creepy characters of American Horror Story’s first and second seasons, Murder House and Asylum.

Seasons Available: 1 & 2

7. Bates Motel: Check into Norma Bates’ motel along with her son, Norman, for a season filled with new life experiences in White Pine Bay, Oregon.

Seasons Available: 1

8. House of Cards: Political history buffs will enjoy this Netflix original starring Kevin Spacey as Frank Underwood, Democrat from South Carolina’s fifth Congressional District. Familiar face Kate Mara from American Horror Story also joins the cast as Zoe Barnes, a reporter for The Washington Herald.

Seasons Available: 1 & 2

9. Bones: There’s always a new body for Dr. Brennan (portrayed by Zooey Deschanel’s sister Emily Deschanel) and the gang to examine at the Smithsonian. A body of bare bones, that is. As a bonus, count how many times in the series Dr. Brennan says “I don’t know what that means” whenever someone uses a pop culture reference in casual conversation.

Seasons Available: 1-8

10. Law and Order: Special Victims Unit: An ultimate binge-watcher favorite. Feast your eyes on the legal drama that occurs in New York City.

Seasons Available: 8-12

Don’t get too carried away with your binge-watching adventures. Happy viewing!

Dana is a Public Media graduate student at Fordham University who started writing for Her Campus as a Hofstra University undergrad several years ago. She is a lover of all things pop culture and entertainment. Follow her @dana_gibbs94 and check out her blog, The Whisper Box: http://thewhisperbox.com.
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!