photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash
photos by lanty zUU73lEdcBU unsplash

10 Motivational Mantras to Motivate Yourself All Semester Long

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

After a long and much needed winter break, it is time to get back to resume our college lives and tackle the next set of classes. For those of us who may not be quite ready to get back to the work grind, here are some motivational quotes to push you through these last few months.

When you look at the cost of your textbooks.

Time is more value than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time. – Jim Rohn

When the professor assigns you homework before the first day of class.

Adopting the right attitude can convert a negative stress into a positive one. – Hans Selye

When you see all of the work ahead of you on syllabus day.

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence. – Helen Keller

When you have to work on your first essay or project.

It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. – Confucius

When you and your roommate are not getting along.

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts. – Eleanor Roosevelt 

When all you want to do is take a nap.

Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did. – Newt Gingrich 

When you can’t seem to get the grade you want.

Great works are performed not by strength, but by perseverance. – Samuel Johnson

When you just want it to be spring break already.

Time flies over us, but leaves its shadow behind. – Nathaniel Hawthorne 

When nothing seems to be going your way.

Take a step back, evaluate what is important, and enjoy life. – Teri Garr

For when you can’t motivate yourself to go to the gym.

In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can. – Nikos Kazantzakis

Whether it’s the numerous assignments clouding your mind or the lack of motivation to workout, hopefully these quotes can give you the inspiration to succeed in whatever you do.

Rylee Johnston is senior at Hofstra University studying  journalism. She has a passion for traveling and entertainment, and even spent four months abroad in London. When she isn't blogging about her travels, you can find her watching The Bachelor or planning her next adventure. Follow her on Instagram @ryleejuanita.