This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at High Point chapter.

Name: Fallyn Leahey 

Year: Senior

Major: Communications-Focus in Journalism 

Hometown: Austin, Texas

Why did you choose HPU?

I started my Freshman year in Texas. But my boyfriend who I have been dating since Junior year of high school went to Wake Forest. So I looked at a lot of school’s around him, and really liked High Point so I decided to transfer. 

How did get your job at Bumble?

The head of Bumble Whitney Wolf reached out to girls in colleges around Austin (where the headquarters is located). A friend from high school recommeded me for a position and Director of Operations, Caroline Ellis, asked a few questions and made me an ambassador. She sent me out with a box of merchandise, and told me to start to publicize the app.

What is your favorite part of the job? What is the most difficult?

Being a Bumble ambassador I was able to go back to Austin, and work at their headquarters. I love the atmosphere of the office it is six women working on an app that we are determined to get famous. While being friendsm, and talking about cute boys. I find the most difficult part of working at bumble is my schedule. I’m a senior who is watching over other ambassadors, so I’m constantly sending texts, emails, and working while still being a college student. Basically, it takes a lot of time management. I live through my planner to rememeber my homework, work related things, and everything within my life. 

Did HPU help you with you job at Bumble?

I found that the classes I take at HPU actually helped me in my role at Bumble. Being a communications student I was taking Com Law, which helped answer questions that were relevant to what was happening in Bumble which was still building as a company. Other classes at HPU helped teach me photoshop, and how to use a camera, all important but I wouldn’t have learned at other places. I believe I know a lot more due to the classes at HPU.  

What’s your advice for students looking for jobs?

My best advice for any student entering the job market is to be open to any oppurtunity. When I first started at Bumble I had no idea what I was getting myself into. This job opened up many doors for my future. If you work somewhere where you don’t think you’ll like, try it. Every job teaches you what you like, and don’t like when entering the job market.

Sophomore Journalism major trying to make her way through college.
Mollie McKinley is currently a rising junior at High Point University in High Point, North Carolina, where she studies English Literature with a double minor in communications and women and gender studies. Mollie is a proud sister of Alpha Gamma Delta, a High Point University swimmer, and serves as a campus correspondent for High Point's chapter of Her Campus. She works as a Writing Tutor for HPU's Writing Center, and has a love for dogs, creative writing, poetry, netflix and music. Mollie's biggest aspiration is to work as a humor writer for Buzzfeed, or for any online media, really. Mollie is a strong supporter of gender equality and loving yourself, although it can be hard a majority of the time. Mollie is originially from West Virginia with an endless passion for the outdoors, and really awesome hikes.