Charlie Adams: Senior Class President

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at High Point chapter.

This is Charlie Adams, High Point University’s Senior Class President. Don’t let the corn rows fool you– he’s pretty cool. Her Campus sat down with him to see just how cool he really is.

Adams at a glance

Name: Charlie Adams

Major/Minor: Computer Science, minoring in Mathematics and Literature

Hometown: Durham, NC

Interests/Hobbies: throwing darts, sports, chess, card games, going out with friends, and video games

Fun Fact About You: I have a weird affinity towards cats

Favorite Song: “Make Up” by R City

Favorite Musical Artist: Wale

Female Celebrity Crush: Selena Gomez

Relationship Status: Taken

Favorite Pick-Up Line: “Wow.”

Favorite Memory at HPU Thus Far: Myself and a bunch of friends went sledding at Oak Hollow this past snow day.

Something No One Knows About You: I can unicycle

Words to Live By“If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.” – Henry David Thoreau

A Little More Serious

1. How is being the senior class president? Why did you run? What has been the most fun and challenging part about it?

Being senior class president has been an enjoyable ride thus far. I ran because I saw an opportunity for a unique learning experience where I would be able to connect more with my classmates while trying to represent them the best I can. The most fun and challenging part of the experience has been planning events.  Having no previous experience organizing events initially created a lot of stress for me.  Although in the midst of all the stress, the help and insight received from so many different people encouraged me, turning this challenging and stressful experience into an enjoyable process.

2. The Onyx Ball is coming up. How has it been planning and coordinating such a huge event for HPU seniors?

The Onyx Ball on February 20th will be a fantastic time.  It’s such a unique experience to be able to have the majority of the seniors in the same place at the same time.  There will be a live band, a Photo Booth, high quality pictures taken, and a video made from the event that all students will have access to.  The planning of the event was a bit stressful, but with the help of Lydia Prior and the insightful responses from all the surveys I sent out, this event was made possible.  I’m really looking forward to this special time with my fellow seniors.

3. What are your plans for after you graduate?

My career interests at this point are twofold. I would value a position that allows me to apply and further enhance my skills as a programmer, ideally in the area of web development.  On the other hand, I am drawn to sales in which my technical background would play a vital role.  I’m currently applying to jobs in both of these ares–fingers crossed.

Mollie McKinley is currently a rising junior at High Point University in High Point, North Carolina, where she studies English Literature with a double minor in communications and women and gender studies. Mollie is a proud sister of Alpha Gamma Delta, a High Point University swimmer, and serves as a campus correspondent for High Point's chapter of Her Campus. She works as a Writing Tutor for HPU's Writing Center, and has a love for dogs, creative writing, poetry, netflix and music. Mollie's biggest aspiration is to work as a humor writer for Buzzfeed, or for any online media, really. Mollie is a strong supporter of gender equality and loving yourself, although it can be hard a majority of the time. Mollie is originially from West Virginia with an endless passion for the outdoors, and really awesome hikes.