15 Reactions You Have Venturing to Disney World As An Adult

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at High Point chapter.

I would argue that visiting Disney World in Orlando, Florida is better as an adult. I have context, too. I’ve been to Disney World in multiple stages of my life: as an infant, a toddler, a pre-teen, and now, an adult. Two weeks ago, my friends and I traveled all nine hours and 52 minutes from High Point, North Carolina to Orlando with one thing ont the brain: Disney. 

1. Initially, you feel a child-like shock that mesmerizes you in magic and love and happiness.

2. When I saw the first gazebo that sold Mickey and Minnie Mouse ears

3. When I rode the Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios

4. Then, when I had my first, beloved meal from one of the food kiosks

5. When I realized that I didn’t have my parents there to say no when I wanted to buy a Pooh Bear pillow pet for my 20-year-old self

6. After I got into the Magic Kingdom, seeing Cinderella’s Castle for the first time, we were like

7. And all of the parents and little kids were like

8. After we rode Thunder Moutain and Space Mountain

9. When I met and took a picture with the first character I saw (which was Rafiki from The Lion King)

10. When we had to wait in a line to ride any ride

11. When we had to walk around the park all wet after riding Splash Mountain

12. When we rode It’s A Small World

13. When we realized the park was closing

14. Watching the park dissolve away in the distance as we rode the shuttle back to the hotel

15. And finally, on our ride home

Mollie McKinley is currently a rising junior at High Point University in High Point, North Carolina, where she studies English Literature with a double minor in communications and women and gender studies. Mollie is a proud sister of Alpha Gamma Delta, a High Point University swimmer, and serves as a campus correspondent for High Point's chapter of Her Campus. She works as a Writing Tutor for HPU's Writing Center, and has a love for dogs, creative writing, poetry, netflix and music. Mollie's biggest aspiration is to work as a humor writer for Buzzfeed, or for any online media, really. Mollie is a strong supporter of gender equality and loving yourself, although it can be hard a majority of the time. Mollie is originially from West Virginia with an endless passion for the outdoors, and really awesome hikes.