Yeats Poetry Reading at Arkadia

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

Arkadia – the international second-hand bookshop near Kamppi – regularly organizes literature-themed events, and last week was no exception. The store had put up a poetry reading with an Irish actor, Frank Boyle, reading Yeats’ poetry and performing as the famous poet.

Before the event, we tanked up on sushi so that we wouldn’t be distracted by growling stomachs during the two-hour performance.

The reading was extremely powerful and did great justice to Yeats and his work: Boyle’s reading was moving and funny – and who could resist an Irish accent?

After the performance, it was nice to be able to flip through the books that lined every wall and were extremely well suited for our student budget.

For more information on the bookshop and its events, you can visit here: http://www.arkadiabookshop.fi/

An English philology major with a passion for reading and writing. I also like photography and wish I was better at it. If you're a fan of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Charmed or Buffy, we already have something in common.