This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

To begin with, as you could guess from the title of today‘s post, unfortunately this one will be the last one on Her Campus at Helsinki because we are going on a summer holidays. However, I will continue the blog on my newly created web-site STRIPED. More information about you will find later in the post. 

But let’s talk about the outfit for now. Or more specifically – the shirt. It’s so springy! Exactly what we need these days! And I love everything about it: the way it fits me, the colour, so calm and classy, the print… I think the print is the best part of it, isn’t it? Makes it a statement shirt, in a way.   

It’s always good to have a statement shirt in your wardrobe, I believe. That way, you don’t have to worry much about what special to add to make an outfit stand out, and not boring. For instance, I put on this shirt and voilà – I’m ready to go without having to overthink whether it’s not too plain. And you know what else is great? That yet another piece in the wardrobe is so versatile! I can, once again, mix and match it to fit the appropriate ensemble, thus, the occasion. Jeans? Alright! Let’s head out for a cup of coffee. Pant suit? Just fine! Let’s get to work. And the accessories can transform the shirt just as much. Pearls or some simple chain necklace make it a bit more formal while some rough, for the lack of a better word, choker or bracelet, or even shoes can turn it into more of an everyday shirt.

As for the phtoshoot, in a way it was an interesting one to shoot, as well. On one hand, it’s one of our favourites regarding the outfit, first sunset shoot, new location on top of the Temppeliaukio church and the flowers on top of that. Such lovely accessory to any outfit! Especially during this rather wintery spring!

On the other hand, freezing as hell! I know I say this in basically every post, but come on! No matter how close we are getting to the summer, it seems that nothing much has changed since December. Initially, I planned on shooting in my denim jacket, but I already got very cold before the photoshoot, so our photographer Nanna had to bring me her cardigan from home. Sweet, right? Thankfully, she doesn’t live far away from the location. Nevertheless, thanks to the lovely weather and my inappropriate attire I started to get really ill in a little over 24 hours. Yay.  

To end this post I would just like to say that I really recommend everyone to visit the Temppeliaukio church because it’s stunning on the outside, too. Also, I am so excited to launch my new web-page STRIPED and will be so happy for you to finally see it, and hopefully enjoy! The page will be launched on May 7th with a post and a link on my Facebook and Instagram accounts (you can find me on both by the name Tereza Pav).  

It was such pleasure writing this blog and seeing you enjoying reading it just as much. Thank you very much and see you soon at my new address!  

Clothes: 

• Shirt – H&M
  • Jeans – Espirit
  • Demin Jacket – old Mango
  • Purse – Zara
  • Cardigan – property of Nanna Viikinkoski
  • Earrings and choker  Gina Tricot

Photo credits: Maija Huitu and Nanna Viikinkoski

Helsinki Contributor