This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

It’s Halloween, which means… scary movies! Here’s a list of shark films to see this weekend in case you’re having a Halloween movie night!

Deep Blue Sea (1999)

A classic. In this film, a group of scientists stationed at an underwater research centre are trapped as a storm threatens to drown the whole facility and the people in it. Throw in the mega smart sharks that are trying to break free (and eat the scientists) and you’ve got a fairly good idea how things will pan out.

The Meg (2018)

Think Deep Blue Sea but with better special effects and scarier sharks (spoiler warning: they’re massive!!). In this fantastic shark movie, a group of scientists accidentally unleash some ancient sharks.

Sharknado (2013)

It’s sharks and tornados. That’s it. And there’s more than one! These movies are so bad they’re good again.

Jaws (1975)

No shark movie list can fail to mention Jaws… Terrifying and funny, this classic will keep you on the edge of your seat!

47 Meters Down (2017)

This movie is terrifying. It really, really is. Think shark cage tourism gone terribly wrong with emptying oxygen tanks and unsuccessful escape attempts and a cage at the bottom of the sea and all the sharks you can imagine… Don’t watch this unless you’re alright with crying!

Helsinki Contributor
An English major, Campus Correspondent, feminist and aspiring literary scholar.