This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

If you only have one day to spend in the amazing city of Copenhagen, this is what you should do!

Download the Bycycklen app

Copenhagen is known for being a cycling city, and indeed, the infrastructure is perfectly suited for cycling. Bycycklen bikes are situated all around the city, and they are easily accessed with the app. You can pay separately for every 20-minute trip. There’s no better way to experience Copenhagen than on a bike.

Visit the Glyptoteket

Glyptoteket museum hosts an impressive collection of i.e. Greek, Roman and Egyptian statues, as well as some 19th century works inspired by for example mythology and Christianity. For a Classics geek, this one is a must! If you’re on a budget, visit the museum on Tuesday when the entrance is free.

Go Second-Hand Shopping around Pisserennen

Situated around Latinkvarteret, also known as Pisserennen, you’ll find a variety of second-hand shops suitable for different budgets. When you get tired of shopping, pop into one of the cafes or restaurants sprinkled around the area.

See the Little Mermaid Statue

Take your bike to Langelinie to see this beautiful statue inspired by H. C. Andersen’s tragic story. Now that you’re there already, take a look at the harbour as well.

Walk around the Botanic Gardens

While the interiors are currently under construction, the outside gardens are magnificent – even during winter. Buy some snacks at Netto and take your bike to this beautiful nature destination in the middle of the city.

Shout-out to my Copenhagen girl Andrea Dyre who made my trip amazing and inspired this article!

An English major, Campus Correspondent, feminist and aspiring literary scholar.
Helsinki Contributor