This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

Since we are in the beginning of a new decade, I decided to put my wizard hat on and do a tarot card reading for all the Her Campus readers! Here is what I discovered about the past, the present moment and the future:

1. Past – The Empress

The empress card here reflects the past and the nature of our readers. The empress is a young woman, who is connected to the nature and has a lot of humane light inside her. She radiates light, love and warmth. As she is an open and sensual personality, the facts do not always persuade her, and she is also very passionate. Still, the nature element brings balance to this card and it tells me that there has been a lot of growth in our communi

2. Present time – The Seven Pentacles

Seven Pentacles is the card of patience and plans for the future. It tells me that our readers have been working very hard and invested a lot in their future, but they will still have to wait. Also, they might have to teach this skill of patience to the others too. However, they should not be nervous about the pressure that is coming from the society, the good will come if they continue working patiently. Do not give up now, trust in growth.

3. The future – The Six cups

The card of six cups is the card of pleasure. The year 2020 will be a great year of joy and pleasure for our readers. It is also going to be full of nostalgia, as good childhood memories will be popping up into our minds. Although this year our readers are going to be missing the happy moments in the past, they will also care a lot for others and express the feelings of affection and tenderness. Silent harmony, innocent moments of happiness and new experiences will fill this year and the whole decade. Six cups will bring pleasure, delight and satisfaction with them, which is exactly the prediction I was hoping for.

Sources:

Tarot: Jonathan Dee, translated into Finnish by Hannu Virtanen, Gummerus Kustannus oy, 2012

Tarot: Marita Liulia, Tiina Porthan, Kustannusosakeyhtiö Teos, Helsinki 2009

The author is a student of Translation and Interpretation of French from the University of Helsinki. She is constantly up to planning new travels around the world, learning more about herself and cherishing her friends. She loves to pay attention on the little details and explore between different cultures. 
Helsinki Contributor