Meet the Editors Part 1: Anna, Laura and Pinja

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

We wanted to properly introduce ourselves to you, so in this Celebrity article you can meet three members of the Her Campus Helsinki team and later on we’ll introduce another three members. In this week’s piece we have the campus correspondents (me and my lovely friend Anna) as well as one of the first writers to join our team last spring, Pinja.

Campus Correspondent Anna: Hi, I’m Anna, 22, and I’m studying Social and Cultural Anthropology as my major in the Helsinki University. I’m originally from a small place called Loppi where I spent the first 18 years of my life, but have been living in Helsinki for the past 4 years.

Music has always been an important hobby for me, and I play the guitar and the piano (although quite poorly). I’ve never been very sporty, eating and sleeping are my things. (I try though.)

Campus Correspondent Laura: And I’m Laura, also a 22-year-old student from the University of Helsinki. I’m majoring in English philology and recently managed to finish my BA. Currently I’m starting my MA studies and trying to plan my life after school (a little bit). I have lived in Helsinki my whole life but I love to travel, both within and outside of Finland, and see new places!

I have a cute little furball kitten called Merlin and when I’m not playing with him, I’m reading fantasy books or watching movies with my boyfriend. I love writing and photography and I would kill for a job in the publishing industry or in some cool magazine.

Editor Pinja: I’m a 23-year old (turning 24 next week, yei!) English Philology major. I love studying and I have way too many minors – that’s why my studies are taking ages to finish! When I’m not writing for Her Campus Helsinki, you may find me updating my blog where I talk about all things related to health and well-being.

Besides writing, I love music (I sing and play two instruments) and talking about current issues. That’s why I’m also participating in student politics. Add to that a part-time job as a nanny and my schedule is pretty crazy at the moment! But I love it when I have tons of things to do and luckily I have the best people in my life to keep me sane and to relax and spend my free time with.

Check out next week for the rest of our staff and their introductions!

An English philology major with a passion for reading and writing. I also like photography and wish I was better at it. If you're a fan of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Charmed or Buffy, we already have something in common.
A 22-year-old anthropology student from Helsinki. Music, photography, and poetry are close to my heart.
An English Philology major and a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Helsinki. In addition to Her Campus, I love good food, travelling, politics and cute dresses. My real passion is cookbooks, which I own way too many, and some day I would love to write one myself.