Style > Beauty

The makeup trends you need to know before summer comes.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

Covid-19 and social distancing have made all days, months, and seasons seem the same, but it is a fact: summer is just around the corner, and with the hope of returning to some sort of normal more intense than ever, it’s the right time to find out for the biggest makeup trends for the spring and summer of 2021 so that you are properly prepared for your first walks around the town!   

Red lips

I really hope that the use of the protective mask will not be mandatory in all public open spaces this summer. Fashion designers had exactly the same hope in the top shows of last September, sending their models to the catwalk with crimson lips.

Pretty in Pink

Pink shades on the lips, cheeks, and eyes are still a big trend this year. Apply a pink lipstick on your lips and a matching shade all over the mobile eyelid, and you have the easiest matchy-matchy makeup look.

Natural skin

For one more year, heavy foundations give way to thin compositions or even moisturizers with color, which make the skin look naturally uniform and not cakey.

Intense black outline

Summer makeup can be typically fresh and natural, but this year many designers have suggested edgy eye looks with a bold outline of black pencil or eyeliner.

Natural glow

This summer, the skin should look radiant, healthy, and well-hydrated. To achieve this look, apply a liquid highlighter or an illuminator as a base or mix it with the foundation for a naturally glowing result.

Maria Printezi

Helsinki '24

I am a student of English Philology and Linguistics at the University of Helsinki.
Helsinki Contributor