This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

Do you have a knack for writing, great ideas for articles, something you want to share with other people? Why not join us in Her Campus at Helsinki!

What is Her Campus at Helsinki?

Her Campus at Helsinki is an online magazine consisting of weekly published articles, and is a part of Her Campus media brand. Her Campus is the #1 online community for college women with chapters at 230+ colleges and universities around the world. Our target audience are the college students interested in topics such as studying, traveling, feminism, environment, food, culture, entertainment and more!

Our team at HC Helsinki consists of students affiliated with the University of Helsinki, and we work on a voluntary basis. Contributors do not have to be women or identify as one, anyone is welcome! In our chapter, we discuss a variety of topics, some of the most common being traveling, environment, feminism and academics! We also handle topical issues, recipes, mindfulness and interesting histories. Our recently published articles include an essay on bias-free language, horror movie recommendations and a recipe for a great vegan lip balm, among others!

We also manage accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.

Why join us?

You get to publish your work in an actual online magazine, with followers from around the world. You get experience in publishing and writing in English and receive feedback on your articles and ideas. Whether you are looking for a chance to boost your skills in English or put your native tongue in good use, this could be an opportunity for you! You get to network with like-minded people and get some great supplement for your resume. Above all, you get to write about your favorite topics!

If you want to write but are hesitant to join a student magazine because you do not necessarily have a lot of time in your hands, Her Campus Helsinki could be a great alternative for you. You can write one to two short articles in a month or join as a guest contributor and write a couple of articles in a semester. Our social media managers upload four to five times a week.

How to contact us?

Find our home page and read our magazine in our homepage. Find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. If you are interested in joining us or want to know more about us, send us a message on hc.helsinki@hercampus.com. In your email, tell us a little about yourself and your motivation. Ability to write in English is a necessity, but previous experience is not imperative in any way!

We are looking forward to hearing from you!

HCXO,

The HC Helsinki team

MacBook Air beside gold-colored study lamp and spiral books
Arnel Hasanovic / Unsplash

Helsinki Contributor
Siiri Sinko

Helsinki '21

The author is a student of political history in the University of Helsinki. She is a sensible freak who enjoys the fine little details of life. Her interests and hobbies include history, music, visual arts, cartoons, national symbols and international competitions.