This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

All the countries in the world have their own traditions and special days to celebrate. From religious reasons to celebrations of seasons, we have a way of finding something to celebrate in summer, winter, spring and fall. May Day is just around the corner and Easter is almost upon us, so some of us have already calendars full of events.

However, it is important to remember to honor culture and diversity, too. We are living in this world that is full of beautiful music, gorgeous places to explore and incredible people to meet. Are you interested in jazz and never find an appropriate day to talk about it with literally everyone? Are you lobbying for press freedom and wanting to go to events regarding the topic? No need to worry! Now we have international days for these topics, too! Below you can find some international days observed at UNESCO that you could celebrate this spring. Enjoy!

International Days observed at UNESCO:

23 April – World Book and Copyright Day 

30 April – International Jazz Day 

3 May – World Press Freedom Day 

21 May – World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development 

22 May – International Day for Biological Diversity 

25 May – Africa Day / Africa Week 

Currently studying at the University of Helsinki with a major in English. When I'm not studying, you can find me reading and obsessing over books, traveling, binge-watching sitcoms and talking about my dogs and human rights.
Helsinki Contributor