This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

Do you have a knack for writing, great ideas for articles, something you want to share with other people? Are you also looking to boost your social media skills and show your experiences in your CV? Why not join us at Her Campus Helsinki for the Spring term!

What is Her Campus at Helsinki?

Her Campus Helsinki is an online magazine consisting of weekly published articles and a part of Her Campus media brand. Her Campus is the #1 online community for college women with chapters at 360+ colleges and universities around the world. Our target audience are the college students interested in topics such as studying, traveling, feminism, environment, food, culture, entertainment and more! Contributors do not have to be women or identify as one, anyone is welcome! In our Helsinki chapter, we write and discuss a variety of topics, some of the most common being wellbeing, environment, culture and academics! We also touch upon topical issues, recipes, mindfulness and interesting histories.

Why join us?

You get to publish your work in an actual online magazine, with followers from around the world. You can get experience in publishing and writing in English and receive feedback on your articles and ideas. Not only that, but Her Campus HQ has created an Internship Credit program in which you have the chance to turn your hours into university credits! (Chapter Leaders, or editors-in-chief, share more details when the program opens for submissions.) Whether you are looking for a chance to boost your skills in English or to put your native tongue in good use, this could be an excellent opportunity for you! You get to network with like-minded people and get some great supplement for your resume.

We are also looking for people interested in social media: we manage accounts for example on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. We are looking for people who would share our articles on these channels and add their personal touch to our posts!

If you want to write but are hesitant to join a student magazine because you do not necessarily have a lot of time in your hands, Her Campus Helsinki could be a great alternative for you. You can write one to two short articles in a month or join as a guest contributor and write a couple of articles in a semester. If you become interested in posting on our social media channels, you can also become the Social Media Director who uploads four to five times a week.

How to contact us?

Check out our homepage and explore our content from our writers! Find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. If you are interested and want to join or know more about us and the team, send us a message at hc.helsinki@hercampus.com. We’ll get you all settled before the next semester begins on January 17th!

We are looking forward to hearing from you!

HCXO,

The HC Helsinki team

Helsinki Contributor