Instagram Blogs – What to Follow

The beauty of Instagram, of course, is that it is like a digital album that you are carrying with you. Obviously, though, it has become so much more – particularly a media platform of inspiration and amusement where there are different types of blogs that serve your interests and aesthetic eye with specific themes – or are just funny. (Now, this doesn’t necessarily mean influencer blogs.) Your feed then becomes much more interesting and you don’t have to browse much and find blogs to follow elsewhere on the internet, it is all in your Insta. If you’re open to browsing more on Instagram though, and to bringing more variety to your feed, here are some suggestions with blogs to check out.

The New Yorker Cartoons

The New Yorker's cartoons, while often focusing on portraying aspects of American culture, also have more generally good-humored and satirical pieces that are amusing. This past year, for example, many illustrators have contributed drawings relating to Covid its effects. 

thelitarchives

This blog not only has a lovely looking feed, with writings and artworks, but it also introduces you to a diverse, international poetical community. Reading poetry can be either a bewildering or a profound experience, but you can also just enjoy or find inspiration in the interesting imagery. 

Penguin Classics

What is nicer than seeing a collection of books or how a cover would look in your shelf or on your coffee table? Penguin produces some of the loveliest covers to incredible classics, and while effort is put into their appearance, they also inspire to explore the literature and read the works. (You could then also check Penguin Books.)

NITCH

This blog is an amazing collection of small profiles of remarkable and influential people. Artists, writers, scientists, politicians; some of their most beautiful and fascinating thoughts are shared which can only broaden one's perspective on life. Profundity at its best and brightest. 

Texts From Your Existentialist

One of the most amusing blogs to combine art and modern culture where sometimes, it feels like we have just communicated our deepest thoughts via text. This blog resembles an experiment in artistic thought, but it should also not be taken too seriously and, instead, enjoyed for the bizarre existentialism.