Style > Beauty

How to Get a Perfect Everyday Makeup Without Using Foundation

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

If you are looking for simple, fast and stable makeup that you can do every day without much effort, the following tips will help you.

If you are (like me) one of those who don’t like using foundation every day because it can be heavy on the skin, then I have a way to make your makeup look flawless even without it. 

Yes, you read correctly! You can, in fact, skip the foundation altogether because, let’s face it, foundation products are great, but applying foundation every day does affect your skin and requires extra attention to keep it healthy and moist.

Let’s see how you can get a perfect makeup without foundation:

1. Always start with the moisturizer – you can use a moisturizer with color (or BB cream) for very light coverage if you need it (for redness or pimples).

2. Continue with a bit of concealer under the eyes and on any imperfections you want to cover up.

3. Then, fill in any gaps in the eyebrows with a shadow or eyebrow pencil and apply a little mascara on the lashes.

4. If you want, you can apply a bit of creamy, iridescent shadow on the eyelids.

5. With your fingers, apply a bit of creamy blush (or lipstick) for those healthy cheeks you see in the magazines! Creamy products leave a nice hydrated texture on the skin and a glow that looks natural. If your skin is oily, choose a powder blush.

6. To make your makeup look more blended together, you can apply loose powder all over the face (either transparent or bronzing) with a relatively small brush.

7. Finally, do not forget the setting spray that stabilizes the makeup! Tip: you can use the spray throughout the day for refreshing your makeup.

Maria Printezi

Helsinki '24

I am a student of English Philology and Linguistics at the University of Helsinki.
Helsinki Contributor