Helsinki Art Museum: Tove Jansson Exhibit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

HAM‘s (Helsinki Art Museum in Tennispalatsi, Kamppi) new Tove Jansson exhibit features, among others, the Moomins, two massive frescos, as well as photographs of the artist. The exhibit, which is situated in the first floor of HAM, showcases the various delightful characters Jansson created for her books in addition to highlighting her other famous works.

Personal photos and a biography provided by Jansson’s brother add to the image of the artist. Even those only acquainted with the Moomins will likely appreciate the other artwork on display.

The small, yet lovely exhibition is the first permanent public display of Jansson’s work, which means that you can go view them at your leisure instead of visiting on a deadline. HAM provides a student discount and offers free entry on the first Friday of every month from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.

An English philology major with a passion for reading and writing. I also like photography and wish I was better at it. If you're a fan of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Charmed or Buffy, we already have something in common.
Helsinki Contributor