This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

Halloween is just around the corner, and although we’re all adults here, that doesn’t mean that we can’t also enjoy a few “treats” during the holiday. But I’m not talking about candy! No no, instead of downing the usual jack-o-lantern’s–worth of refined sugar, how about we get our “sugar” elsewhere… If the title of this article doesn’t hint enough, I am of course talking about spicing things up in the bedroom, vampire style! Because, why not?

Vampires are thrillingly erotic creatures, full of mystery and a deadly sort of confidence. From the vampire fiction of Anne Rice to True Blood and Twilight, vampires have deemed the equivalent to passion and lust itself. Vampires are seductive creatures that allure their victims with their sexual powers. Vampire sex is intoxicating and mysterious, and attempting to have sex like a vampire is, without a doubt, one of the most exciting roleplaying sex games ever! (Or at least in my opinion…)

Vampire sex is thought of as mystical, passionate, intense, hot, kinky… Sounds intriguing, right? There is nothing wrong with that! Just grab on to your consenting partner(s) and enjoy the ride! But first, it might be a good idea to establish some basic “safety” rules:

• Any sexual practice, kinky or not, should involve communication. Before, during, and after!
  • Establishing a safe word beforehand (even though you might not need one) might be wise. That way, if it gets too intense for either of you, you will know when to stop
  • Both parties should consent and enjoy it!

So, now that the rules are set firmly in place, let’s cut to the chase. 

Tip 1. Set the mood

Firstly, creating the right atmosphere is essential! Maybe try lighting up a bunch of candles, just the correct amount for that perfect sexy gloomy light. Vampires are creatures of the night, so being in dim candlelight will set the mood. 

Tip 2. Establish the role of control 

Secondly, don’t be afraid to be in control or to be controlled. Vampire-human relationships are all about power. Being in control or being controlled is a BIG turn on, and your partner will love it as well! Take turns to experience both sides of the story. 

Tip 3. Don’t be afraid to BITE

Biting is essential! You can bite ANYWHERE you like – within the realm of consent! Work on the sensitive areas. The neck, for example, feels very good when stimulated. But if you feel uncomfortable biting, use your nails! Run them down your partner’s back or sensitive areas.

Tip 4. Pain is pleasure, pleasure is pain

Mix pleasure with pain! Did you know, that when aroused your pain tolerance increases? So the more, the better (within the realm of consent...) As the play evolves, you can increase the pressure of your moves (remember the safe word, right?).

Tip 5. Have the confidence to mix things up

Be confident! Stare into your partner’s eyes intensely while you tantalize them with your new tricks. There is nothing sexier than a partner full of confidence! Mix up the pace! Begin intensely, then slow down, then speed up again! If you feel yourself (or your partner) too close to the edge, pull back and slow down again. Delaying pleasure makes the game all the more pleasurable.

Most importantly, relax and have fun with it! Remember, there is no wrong or right when experimenting sexually! Don’t be afraid to explore a more BDSM side of yourself! You might be surprised by how much you enjoy it. For those of you who are in a long term relationship, the occasional roleplay can spice things up and renew your relationship. Dare to explore the wilder side of you and enjoy it! 

Happy Halloween!

Maria Printezi

Helsinki '24

I am a student of English Philology and Linguistics at the University of Helsinki.
Helsinki Contributor