Finishing the School Year: Surviving Group Projects

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

As the Spring semester draws to an end, we are all super busy with all of our projects and exams at the university, and there’s one thing that many of us dread: group projects. Often it’s very helpful to have study sessions with a group so that you’re not overwhelmed by the work at the end of a school year, and sometimes even the teachers assign group work for the class as a final project. So, what happens when you just cannot stand your group? (Yes, we all have those moments!)

1. Sometimes group work involves dealing with people you just can’t get along with

2. Sometimes it might even feel like you need alcohol to deal with them

3. You’re shocked by half the things they do and get annoyed if you feel that they’re not pulling their weight

4. It might take a while but you’ll understand that you might have to push extra hard to get the group to work

5. Don’t let anyone walk over you

6. Try and keep a positive attitude

7. Don’t dismiss their ideas just because you don’t like them; instead, listen and don’t hesitate to agree if the idea is actually good

Good luck to everyone who is struggling with an immense amount of school work this period!
An English philology major with a passion for reading and writing. I also like photography and wish I was better at it. If you're a fan of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Charmed or Buffy, we already have something in common.