Carnival of Light in Linnanmäki Amusement Park

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

As autumn evenings grow darker, the Linnanmäki amusement park lights up in beautiful colours and the rides are open for one last time before winter. We braved the cold October evening to experience the staple Finnish summer destination in a slightly different way.

Before the sun set we headed to Panorama to check out a view of the park from above.

The colourfully lit rides looked beautiful in the gathering darkness and the overall atmosphere in the park was magical.

On some rides the darkness added an extra level of scariness, such as on the old wooden rollercoaster. And the haunted house got us all excited for Halloween, although we decided to just admire it from the outside instead of venturing in…

Don’t miss Linnanmäki’s final day of Carnival of Light on Sunday October 18th – the year will end in a bang with beautiful fireworks at 21.50! Check out other performances and fun activities here.   

Passionate about social media, food and travel. Former Editor-in-Chief of HC at Helsinki.
Helsinki Contributor