free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Cutie: Riitta Hoffrén

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

Year: 3rd

Major: German philology

Minors: History, Nordic languages

Hometown: Helsinki

Hobbies: Gym, aerobic, swimming, yoga… (almost any individual sport!), photography

Tell me something that made you smile recently.

I played football and watched a movie with my brother, and it was sunny today!

Which fictional character would you like to spend a day with and why?

I couldn’t possibly decide between all the characters I know, so I would pick someone I don’t really know anything about, like the guy who yells “It’s Enrico Pallazzo!” towards the end of The Naked Gun (yeah, that’s the movie I just watched with my brother). I guess it would be an interesting day getting to know someone new, it could be full of surprises.

What do you wish more people knew about you?

Well, I’m a really open person so a lot of people already know a lot about me (sometimes I guess a bit too much for their liking), but maybe that I love photography and take good portraits, so people could ask me to take some for them, haha. 

Your top 3 pizza toppings.

Chicken, pineapple and spinach. Those are pretty basic, but always good choices.

In a perfect world, people would…

…be happy.

What do you know now that you wish you knew at 18?

Nothing, because if I had known then the things I know now, I wouldn’t be the person I am today. Don’t mess with the past!

Who/What is your muse?

My friends and loved ones. They all have something that makes them wonderful people and great qualities that inspire me to also be a better person.

What are you looking forward to the most this summer?

A couple of trips to my friends’ summer cottages, a cruise with my friends and a week in Austria with my family. Also just the warmth, light and exercising in the sun.

Lyra Li

Helsinki

A perpetual dreamer searching for new adventures, more crime novels to read and the determination to become a minimalist.
An English Philology major and a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Helsinki. In addition to Her Campus, I love good food, travelling, politics and cute dresses. My real passion is cookbooks, which I own way too many, and some day I would love to write one myself.