Campus Cutie: Ada Saarinen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

Major: World Politics

Hometown: Kuopio

Relationship status: In an open relationship

Interests: Politics, reading and wine (in the not always so sophisticated way)

What’s your favorite place on campus?

The library, especially its comfy chairs.

Do you have any guilty pleasures?

I already mentioned wine but I also have a really bad habit of watching Youtube videos on various topics for hours at a time.

What are the biggest turn ons and turn offs for you?

I have a weak spot for witty people with a little sarcastic sense of humor. On the other hand, close mindedness and people with too much self-entitlement are definitely a turn off.

What is your idea of a perfect date?

An evening out with nice food and good wine. Some compelling conversations about politics, history or a topic he/she is interested in.

What would be your dream job?

Maybe a leader or an expert in a non-governmental organization that promotes causes I truly believe in.

What do you like most about yourself?

I like that it’s quite easy for me to amend my previous opinions when I face new facts and arguments. It’s a good skill in this endlessly complex world.

What advice would you give to our freshmen?

Don’t worry too much. In a new environment things like managing your studies, money or social relations can be tough but they usually sort themself out at some point.

What made you choose your major?

In high school I had a dream of becoming a diplomat but at this point in my life that seems a little too rigid of an environment for me. Time will tell.

If you were a fictional character, who would you be?

I have always liked Clarice Starling from the film Silence of the Lambs. She is ambitious and intelligent, but also a vulnerable character. In my opinion she is one of the best female heroines in movie history.

Who’s your celebrity crush?

I’m having this little crush on John Oliver. I simply love his show and his mannerisms are so adorable.

Which Hogwarts house would you belong to?

At the age of 11 I would have definitely been sorted to Ravenclaw and maybe I still would.

An English Philology major and a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Helsinki. In addition to Her Campus, I love good food, travelling, politics and cute dresses. My real passion is cookbooks, which I own way too many, and some day I would love to write one myself.