Are you a student at the University of Helsinki? Are you interested in the field of publishing, media and/or communications, but don’t know where to start? Here is a great opportunity for you!
Her Campus at Helsinki is looking for volunteers to become Campus Correspondents! You can be a former contributor to HC, or someone who is completely new to Her Campus – but don’t panic! A thorough induction will be provided before you start leading our small Helsinki chapter.
What is Her Campus at Helsinki?
Her Campus at Helsinki is an online magazine and a part of the Her Campus media brand. Her Campus is the #1 online community for college women with chapters at 360+ colleges and universities worldwide. Our target audience is college students who are interested in topics such as studying, traveling, feminism, environment, food, culture, entertainment and so much more!
Contributors do not have to be women — or identify as women — anyone and everyone is welcome! At our Helsinki chapter, we publish daily articles and manage our chapter’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. (Read more about Her Campus here.)
What does a Campus Correspondent do?
There are 1–2 Campus Correspondents at a time and CCs are advised to delegate and share their tasks. The CCs are responsible for running the publication schedule, which means communicating with the contributors, setting deadlines and scheduling upcoming articles. The CCs are responsible for meeting the weekly Her Campus requirements considering both the number of articles published and updates on social media — therefore, delegating these tasks with the contributors is key!
The CCs fill in a short recap at the end of each publishing week, and should hold biweekly staff meetings or arrange meetings at least once a month. There is always the chance to adapt, develop and improve the activities of the chapter the according to your own preferences!
What’s in it for you?
◦ “Behind the scenes” experience in the field of publishing
◦ Opportunities to connect with people — including professionals in the field
◦ Language and professional skills
◦ An excellent supplement for your resume
◦ Freedom and flexibility of work
◦ Possibilities to influence and make your own voice heard!
What do we require?
Previous experience is not required, since you will learn “on the job”. You only need motivation and a “can do” attitude! However, the ability to speak and write English fluently is required, and at least one of the CCs should be able to proofread and edit articles written by others. Native speakers are warmly welcome, but you don’t have to be one!
The task of a CC requires:
◦ Great skills in spoken and written English
◦ Motivation and dedication to learn how to run a chapter
◦ Ability to react quickly to emails, messages etc.
◦ Time for organizational tasks (minimum 3 hours per week + writing short articles when needed)
◦ Reliability, organizational and communicational skills
◦ Chance to commit at least for one full semester (e.g. Spring 2022)
We DON’T require:
◦ Previous experience on publishing
◦ Knowledge of Finnish!
Thorough briefing will be provided before spring! You will be helped by the previous CCs, as well as have access to helpful online resources.
We want to hear from you!
If you are interested or want to know more, write us and ask:
Check out our pages and content:
Her Campus at Helsinki is also looking for regular contributors, read more here:
The HC Helsinki Team