This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

Welcome back Her Campus Helsinki writers and readers! It’s time for a new fall semester and we are very excited to start publishing again.

With a new semester and new prospects, HC Helsinki is also looking to recruit new voices to write about their interests and bring amazing diversity to our publication. Our magazine is just the place for interested students to share their writing and develop as creative contributors!

Do you have a knack for writing? Great ideas for articles? Something else you would want to get off your chest? Or are you ambitiously looking to start your writing career? Join us at Her Campus at Helsinki!

But what is Her Campus at Helsinki, you might ask? To answer your hesitant question, dear reader, we are an online magazine. We also are a part of the Her Campus media brand. Her Campus is the #1 online community for college women, with chapters at 230+ colleges and universities around the world.

We publish weekly articles — primarily on various topics relating to the colorful, and oftentimes tumultuous, aspects of student life. Our target audience is mainly college students interested in topics such as studying, traveling, history, culture, feminism, food, entertainment, and obviously any current issue that sparks a conversation.

Here at HC Helsinki, we like to touch on all issues that are relevant to those of us navigating our way through these crazy, stressful, vomit-inducing, wonderful college years. Our team at HC Helsinki consists of students affiliated with the University of Helsinki, and we work on a voluntary basis. We also manage accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and are constantly on the lookout for contributors with a knack for maneuvering through the perilous waters of social media.

Why join us? You get to publish your work in an actual online magazine, with followers from around the world! You also get experience in publishing and writing in English, and receive feedback on your articles and ideas. Not only that but Her Campus HQ has created an Internship Credit program in which you have the chance of turning your hours into university credits. Whether you are looking for a chance to boost your skills in English or put your native tongue to good use, this could be the opportunity for you! You get to network with like-minded people and boost your CV, but best of all, you get to write about your favorite topics.

If you want to write but are hesitant to join a student magazine because you do not necessarily have a lot of time on your hands, Her Campus Helsinki could be a great alternative for you. You can write one to two short articles a month, or join us as a guest contributor and write a couple of articles in a semester. If you’re interested in managing one of our social media accounts, our social media managers upload three to seven times a week.

How to contact us? Check out our home page and read a few articles. If you like what you see, you can find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. If you want to know more about us and when applications for the next Internship Credit program start, send us a message at hc.helsinki@hercampus.com. In your email, tell us a little about yourself and your motivation for becoming a contributor. The ability to write in English is a necessity, but previous experience is not imperative in any way!

Anyone and everyone are welcome! We are looking forward to hearing from you!

HCXO, The HC Helsinki team

Helsinki Contributor