5 Podcasts to Listen to Between Classes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

Podcasts are a great way to spend time when you want to just tune out any distractions and focus on something else. So, if you want to listen to something besides music between your classes or on your way to school, here are some of our favorite podcasts!

Welcome to Night Vale

A twice-monthly podcast in the form of a community radio program recounting all the strange and mysterious happenings in the town of Night Vale. The host of the show, Cecil, narrates all the reality-bending events that occur to the various residents of the desert town. If you’re fan of horror and mystery, you will love this show. It’s the epitome of quirky.

The Nerdist Podcast

This massively popular geek podcast has a tendency to attract some of the most famous faces of fandomness. Hilarious talk-show style interviews with Elijah Wood, Joss Whedon, and many many more are guaranteed to keep you entertained hours on end. In fact, the episodes can easily last more than an hour long.

Women of the Hour

Lena Dunham’s podcast is feminist and witty, featuring famous women who talk about their accomplishments. If you’ve read Dunham’s book Not That Kind of Girl or you love Girls, you’ll be a fan of the podcast too.

Nightmare Magazine

This horror show features everything from zombies to ghosts and is the perfect podcast for lovers of horror and supernatural. All of the stories are very different and the show celebrates genres of dark fantasy and horror-y topics. The writings are from a range of authors, which keeps the style fresh and innovative.

Anna Faris is Unqualified

A hilarious take on relationship advice from Anna Faris and the various celebrities she interviews. The show is not limited to relationship advice, though: the episodes discuss everything from Wikipedia to TV shows and awkward anecdotes. This podcast is lighthearted fun for lovers of comedy.

An English philology major with a passion for reading and writing. I also like photography and wish I was better at it. If you're a fan of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Charmed or Buffy, we already have something in common.
Helsinki Contributor