4 Vegan Brunch Spots in Helsinki You Can’t Miss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

There’s nothing quite like a slow weekend brunch with friends or loved ones. Good food and coffee are what makes a weekend great instead of merely just good. Here is a selection of my personally tried-and-tested favorites—there’s an option for every price point!

Sandro

With several locations across Helsinki, Sandro offers a “Marrakech Madness” brunch every weekend. While not exclusively vegan, there are plenty of plant-based options, including dessert! There’s many things to love about Sandro, like smoothies, great falafels and homemade bread. At 29.90€, the price is a little steep, but it is well worth it, perhaps for a birthday or special occasion.

Roots

If you’re craving something a little healthier, Roots is the place to go. Most of their selection is raw and fresh—say hello to not feeling heavy and tired after food! They organize more seasonal brunches, such as Mother’s Day or “End of Winter”, at 20€ per person.

Robert’s Coffee

Not exclusively in Helsinki, as it is a chain restaurant, but it deserves a mention due to how tasty and affordable it is! At 12.90€, it leaves you full and satisfied. I stumbled upon it completely by accident and it is now a firm favorite for when I don’t want to break the bank.

Kolo

This cute little café in Kallio usually does brunch on the first Sunday of every month. Space is limited and they don’t take bookings, so arriving early is key. Brunch is priced at 16€, making it another of the more affordable options in the list. I love Kolo for its atmosphere and vintage decor, but the baked goods do take the cake!

Esther is majoring in Media and Communications. She likes reading, vegan food, and spending way too much time on social media.
Helsinki Contributor