3 Ways to Wear Summer Dresses in Autumn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

Summer in Finland is short and it’s often hard to get enough wear out of all those pretty summer clothes before it starts getting cold again. With these ideas you can still rock your summer dresses and be warm and stylish for autumn!

Boho Chic

Dresses are perfect for everyday wear because they are comfortable and easy to throw on in the morning if you’re running late. Add jewel tones to compliment a bright coloured dress. A thick cardigan and tights are a must to keep you warm when walking around campus.

Day to Night

For a more dressed up look, chunky black accessories give the dress a more grown-up feel while making the colour of the dress stand out. Guaranteed to make you look stylish for daytime as well as for going out in the evening.

Grunge Girl

Make your pretty summer dress more autumn appropriate by adding 90’s grunge inspired accessories for a cute and edgy outfit. (Skip the choker necklace if it feels like too much of a kindergarten throwback.)

Passionate about social media, food and travel. Former Editor-in-Chief of HC at Helsinki.
Helsinki Contributor