This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

It’s cold, dark and gloomy – it must be November in Helsinki. To make living through this part of the year a bit easier, here are three cafe tips near Helsinki city center that offer delicious warm drinks and make you feel like you are somewhere else for a while. 

Feel French in Café TinTin Tango

This cozy cafe has existed next to Töölöntori for more than 20 years. Through the windows you can already see its atmospheric interior and soft, welcoming lighting. Once inside, it is easy to imagine that you have suddenly arrived in Paris: the Amélie soundtrack is often playing in the background, old men are drinking red wine and a washing machine (4 euros per load) is spinning in the corner. The cafe offers a wide selection of sweet and savoury goods and different sorts of drinks, and what’s best, there are several breakfast menus that are available throughout the day – so if you happen to fancy some eggs and croissants in the evening, this is the place for you.

Café TinTin Tango, Töölöntorinkatu 7 / open Mon-Fri 07:00-24:00, Sat 9:00-24:00, Sun 10:00-21:00

Take a trip to Turkey in Café Tulips

Walk a few steps down Lönnrotinkatu from Old Church Park and you will find this lovely little Turkish cafe. It advertises itself as the only place in Finland that serves authentic Turkish coffee, and there are also many other reasonably priced Turkish treats available. In addition, its interior transports you directly to Turkey, so here is a student-friendly alternative to a holiday, if only for 30 minutes or so. 

Café Tulips, Lönnrotinkatu 14 / open Mon-Fri 07:00-19:00, Sat 10:00-18:00

Enjoy Italy in Signora Delizia

The delicacy boutique/cafe Signora Delizia in Katajanokka is like a tiny piece of Italy in Helsinki. It serves high-quality Italian coffee and treats, and the boutique attached to the cafe has a large selection of Italian delicacies. The atmosphere is wonderful, and many say that this place serves the best espresso in Helsinki. Go and test it yourself! 

Signora Delizia, Satamakatu 5 / open Mon-Fri 8:30-18:00, Sat-Sun 10:00-18:00

Helsinki Contributor