2016 Must-See Destination: Winter Trip to Tallinn

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

We have written about Tallinn before and we continue to love the charm of the nearby city: Tallinn is easily reached by boat and the trip only takes a few hours, which makes it a great destination when you don’t have a lot of time or money. While many of us choose to visit during the summer months when it’s warm to walk about town, winter can be an equally delightful time for the trip.

The Christmas market is open in the center of the Old Town even during the first week of January, so you can spend the holidays at home and still enjoy the Christmas atmosphere in Tallinn afterwards.

There’s also nothing more beautiful than enjoying the crisp winter weather and sunlight on rooftops: the city wall offers magnificent views for only 3 euros per person.

If you’re extra lucky, you’ll even get to peek at Rudolph the reindeer and friends while you’re sipping on some hot wine and munching on roasted almonds from a street vendor.

An English philology major with a passion for reading and writing. I also like photography and wish I was better at it. If you're a fan of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Charmed or Buffy, we already have something in common.
Helsinki Contributor