Life > Experiences

Why You Should Spend Spring Break Alone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

Every spring break up until college equaled a vacation for me and my family. We would often come to Hawaii (making me decide to come to college here!), but we went to other places like Las Vegas and New York. This year was the first time I didn’t travel for spring break. I decided to use it as a time to get ahead on assignments and take some me-time. Here are the ways I spent spring break on my own and what I think everyone should do, at least once, for themselves: 

1. Spend time outdoors: Whether it’s walking for fun or to go from point A to point B, walking has been a way for me to relieve stress as my go-to exercise in my crazy schedule! Listening to music also made this activity so much more enjoyable!!
  1. Treat yourself!!: A trip to the mall, your favorite meal, or binge-watching a show for the millionth time, treat yourself to some of your favorite things. This means a trip to Target and Raising Canes for me!
  1. Catch up on work: Don’t stress yourself out too much. Spice things up with going to a local coffee shop or studying outside. 
  1. Spring cleaning! Take time to deep clean your living space and even discard things that you no longer need or use. Reorganizing or rearranging your living space is a great way to reset for the final weeks of the semester!!

Overall these things I did over my spring break were beneficial and how no doubt helped me in these final weeks of the semester!!

Hi!! My name is Chelsea and I am a first-year journalism student at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. I hope to go into sports journalism after graduating! In my free time, I love listening to music, walking, exploring the islands, and trying new foods!