This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

If you’re on social media at all, then I’m sure you have seen the Kanye West, or “Ye,” posts and memes that have become extremely popular over the past couple of weeks. Kanye has gone OFF the deep end some may say. And maybe it has something to do with Pete Davidson. I know what you’re thinking, “Is he really going crazy because of Pete Davidson?” If you ask me, I do think it plays a major role in Ye’s unhinged social media posts slandering his ex-wife, Kim Kardashian, constantly typing in CAPS LOCK, and kicking people off his album because of their relationship with Pete (*cough cough*, Kid Cudi).

He was recently dating Julia Fox, yet he had the nerve to tell the world he is still trying to win back Kim and believed God would bring them back together. Kim even shared with the world that she officially filed for divorce, but Ye claimed he never even saw the papers. But releasing private text messages, making up rumors about Pete and Kim, and even releasing a song that alludes to beating Pete’s a**? That seems like a new low that shouldn’t go unnoticed.

Of course we tend to laugh at these insane posts that Ye keeps posting, but really we need to highlight the larger issue of him abusing Kim and lashing out on public platforms on topics that should be kept private. Kim does not deserve any of the hate she is receiving from him and these conversations need to be kept behind closed doors. But I am glad that she is a strong, independent woman who has Pete Davidson in her corner.

So what is it about the 28 year-old Staten Island native that makes us so intrigued? How does he keep landing these beautiful women? Is it the repopularized “I like skinny guys” culture or something else?

Here are four reasons why I think Pete has us all interested:

Comedy

The guy is a comedian. He has this dark yet witty humor that can’t be matched. He is one of my favorite actors on SNL and I loved his movie King of Staten Island. Who doesn’t love a guy with the best sense of humor?

IDGAF

His personality shines through his jokes and it’s obvious he has a very IDGAF attitude about a lot of things (not including Kim Kardashian of course). But it’s not the cocky IDGAF attitude, it’s more like going with the flow. In these times where all we care about is what someone else thinks of us, it’s very refreshing to say the least. The guy isn’t even active on social media; he only recently joined Instagram and only follows two people.

Success

Although Pete doesn’t match Kim’s $1.8 billion net worth, having an $8 million net worth is no joke. From acting to comedy, the man has done many shows and projects, and will continue getting gigs in the future (and you can bet I will be watching every single one of them).

Genuine and vulnerable

If you’ve seen Pete on any talk shows, you know that he is a very down to earth guy and will be vulnerable no matter who the audience is. He is also a big advocate for mental health and has shared his personal struggles with the world. I feel like this trait makes him very trustworthy and approachable. I’m sure Kim loves this since she doesn’t seem to have had it in her past relationships.

Whatever it is about Pete Davidson, it makes me want to continuously watch SNL and follow the Pete/Kim dating news.

Aloha! My name is Keilyn and I am a Graduate Student studying Public Health at the University of Hawai'i at Mānoa. I enjoy going to the beach, reading mystery books, cooking, and playing with my puppy, Kaiba! I love being on the HER Campus Hawaii Team and sharing my stories!