What are UH Grads Doing Now?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

Check out where these UHM graduates are now and what they miss most about college!

Alexis Florian

Graduating Class of Spring 2017

Age: 21

Job: Corporate Recruiter/Recruiting Coordinator

Relationship Status: Taken and Expecting

Location: Sacramento, California

What do you miss most about UHM: “Although the campus dorms weren’t ideal, I loved being able to walk across the way to see all my friends. Going to school so far away from home is incredible because you get to connect with people from around the globe, but once graduation rolls around and everyone moves away, it’s hard to keep in touch and see those friendships you created.”

Anything you wished you had done before leaving UHM: “The one thing I wish I did was take 4 years to graduate instead of 3. At the time it seemed like the right thing to do because it saved money, but I didn’t get to experience all that college has to offer. I didn’t have a traditional senior year and missed out on a lot of time I could’ve spent with my friends.”

Kiani Jackson

Graduating Class of Spring 2016

Age: 24

Job: Intake Coordinator for The Spine Health Center at MemorialCare Orange Coast

Location: Long Beach, California

What do you miss most about UHM: “My sorority sisters. Always having a friend to sit with in Campus Center or go to the beach with. I also miss Thai walls!”

Anything you wished you had done before leaving UHM: “Professionally I wish I figured out my career goals before graduating but I can’t complain, I have a high paying job and am able to make all of my student loan payments. Mostly I think I wish I spent less time in Sinclair and more time at the beach.”

Kira Dodson

Graduating Class of Spring 2016

Age: 22

Job: Miss Sophie’s Marketplace/ Catering Manager and Executive Coordinator

Location: Savannah, Georgia

Relationship Status: Engaged with a puppy

What do you miss most about UHM:The warmth, going to the beaches all the time, local food.”

Anything you wished you had done before leaving UHM: Joined more clubs.”

Sydney Bivert

Graduating Class of Spring 2016

Age: 23

Job: I’m working as a family services specialist at HUGS, but will soon be going back to school full time to finish my masters in social work!

Location: I’m still in Honolulu until the end of April and then I will be living in Dallas, Texas.

What do you miss most about UHM:I miss being able to see people that I know and am friends with all day long while walking through campus.”

Anything you wished you had done before leaving UHM:I wish I would have taken the time to enjoy it more. It goes by so fast!”

Page Thompson

Graduating Class of Spring 2017

Age: 24

Job: Teacher

Location: Honolulu, Hawaii

What do you miss most about UHM:Seeing friends on campus everyday!”

Anything you wished you had done before leaving UHM:Met more diverse people.”

Amy Albuera

Graduating Class of Spring 2017

Age: 22

Job: Downtown Santa Monica, Inc. – Administrative Assistant

Location: Santa Monica, California

What do you miss most about UHM:My sorority sisters!”

Anything you wished you had done before leaving UHM: I wish I explored the island more.”

Hailey is a senior at the University of Hawaii at Manoa and is pursuing a double major in marketing and international business, with a minor in fashion design merchandising. She is one of our Campus Correspondents here at Hawaii Her Campus and she's an active member of Alpha Gamma Delta. Hailey loves going to the beach with friends, hiking, and taking pictures!