Wellness > Health

Vegan Holiday Desserts to Make This Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

Some of my favorite holiday memories are in the kitchen baking treats and decorating cookies. However, most baked goods are filled with butter and eggs, making it a hard time of year for vegans or even those with dietary restrictions. As a fellow vegan, over the years I’ve compiled some Santa-approved, vegan versions of my favorite holiday desserts. Trust me, you won’t know the difference! Here are some of my favorites for you to bake this holiday season that everyone will love…even Grandma!

Date-Sweetened Vegan Pumpkin Pie

From Simple Sweet Vegan:

Pumpkin pie. Always a go-to crowd pleaser. Oil, gluten, and refined-sugar free; a great choice for those with dietary restrictions…without sacrificing the taste. Find the recipe here.

https://sweetsimplevegan.com/2016/11/date-sweetened-pumpkin-pie/#tasty-recipes-15016-jump-target
The Best Vegan Apple Crisp

From the Minimalist Baker:

An apple a day keeps the doctor away, right? Not only a dessert your doctor will approve of, but you and all of your family too. Find the recipe here.

Easy Chocolate Peppermint Fudge

From Bakerita:

What’s the holiday without candy canes? This paleo, gluten-free vegan fudge is super quick & super chocolatey. Find the recipe here.

THE BEST VEGAN SUGAR COOKIES

From Noracooks:

It’s not Christmas if I don’t bake & decorate cookies! Grab a few friends, put on some Christmas tunes, and get to baking. Find the recipe here.

Vegan Gluten-Free Gingerbread Men

From the Minimalist Baker, find the recipe here:

“Run, run as fast as you can! You cannot catch me. I am the Gingerbread Man!” -The Gingerbread Man

WOW Santa this year with your delicious vegan gingerbread cookies & a cold glass of oat milk! After you try these yummy vegan desserts, you might find yourself with some new holiday traditions. Happy baking!

Averi Burud

Hawaii '22

Avid surfer & current student studying Sustainability at the University of Hawaii at Manoa.