jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

The Korean boy group BTS attended last this year’s 61st Annual Grammy Awards on Feb 10. They are the first K-pop artist to be invited to attend and present an award at music’s most prestigious night. The seven member group received their first Grammy nomination with their album, Love Yourself: Tear, for Best Recording Package. Here’s what went down on BTS’ Grammy experience✨

1. They arrived in the Red Carpet wearing sleek dapper suits?

When Variety announced that BTS are presenting an award at the 61st Annual Grammy Awards, everyone were wondering who’s going to dress the boys for the prestigious award show. Usually, celebrities would wear famous western designer brands like Gucci, Dior, Louis Vuitton, etc. BTS showed their Korean pride by wearing custom Korean tuxedos by JayBaek Couture and Kim Seo Ryong!

2. The group’s leader RM said the album is coming “sooner than later”?

In an interview with the Grammys on the red carpet, the interviewer asked when the next album is coming out. RM answered “sooner than later” following it with a cute chuckle. In an interview with E! News’ Ryan Seacrest, the leader revealed they stayed up working on their new album the night before their flight to LA. He also teased that the album might feature a collaboration. (Oh my god!)

3. BTS’ Grammy Red Carpet Slo-mo Video?

Speaking of E! News, they’re known for providing a slo-mo video booth for the artists to turn their Vogue on. Of course, BTS didn’t miss the opportunity to show off their smize and dorkiness in this 18-second slo-mo video!

4. The boys jamming to Dolly Parton and Miley Cyrus’ performance of “Jolene”?

This is just so cute, pure and endearing. Even Dolly Parton tweeted about it! Definitely deserves a spot on this list!

5. BTS presenting the Best R&B Album Award?

The seven member boy group graced the Grammy stage to present the award for Best R&B Album. H.E.R. won the category and the boys greeted her with warm smiles! BTS are big fans of H.E.R.! When red carpet interviewers asked them who they’re excited to see, they always say H.E.R.. Maybe this is the start of a beautiful collab?

Jim Bea (pronounced Jim Beh-yah) is a senior currently majoring in Journalism and Filipino Language & Literature at University of Hawai'i at Manoa. Aside from writing for Her Campus, she is also a features staff writer at Ka Leo, UH Manoa's student publication. She loves writing about music, tv shows, movies and more. Born and raised in Manila, Philippines, Jim Bea binge-watches Vine compilations on her free time!
Hawaii Contributor Account