This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

Didn’t get that summer bod this year? Don’t worry because Summer 2k17 officially came to a close as summer time passed over the equator during the Autumnal Equinox on Friday. Even though summer is over, here are 10 important memories from summer 2k17 that will live forever:

1. “Despacito” by Luis Fonsi ft. Justin Bieber hit #1 in 50 countries, but very few people know if it says burrito or not. 

2. The world fell in love with Baby Groot on May 5th when Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 premiered.

3. Queen B hatched her perfect twins, Rumi and Sir.

4. Miley reinvented herself when love song “Malibu” came out for Liam Hemsworth.

5. Mixed feelings arose as Bachelorette Rachael picked Bryan on Season 13 of our favorite summer lovin’ (and dramalicious) show.

6. EDC 2017 filled our Snapchat and Instagram stories.

7. Summertime snow fell as winter came in Game of Thrones Season 7.

8. Life of Kylie premiered and was cancelled–probably because baby Jenner is having a baby!

We still can’t believe Kylie is pregnant!

9. The moon had enough of the sun during the Total Solar Eclipse on August 21st.

10. Finally, Taylor Swift had enough of summer (among other things) as she released “Look What You Made Me Do.”

Goodbye, Summer 2k17. You will ~maybe~ be missed.

I matter. You matter. We matter.
Hailey is a senior at the University of Hawaii at Manoa and is pursuing a double major in marketing and international business, with a minor in fashion design merchandising. She is one of our Campus Correspondents here at Hawaii Her Campus and she's an active member of Alpha Gamma Delta. Hailey loves going to the beach with friends, hiking, and taking pictures!