Rock climb, beach, hike, repeat: Meet Ryan Klammer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

Name: Ryan Klammer

Age: 22

Year: Senior

Hometown: Santa Barbara, CA

Major: Communications

Relationship status: Single

What is your ultimate goal in life?

To be a world class rock climber

How did you get started in rock climbing?

My freshman year of college my friend’s brother introduced me to it.  I’ve went rock climbing 3 or 4 times a week since then. Back home I would go into the mountains and the gym.

What is your favorite spot on the island?

Probably Sunset Beach

Describe the perfect day:

Start the morning off with a wake-and-bake, prepare a delicious breakfast, go to the beach, after that possibly a hike after cooling off, drive around the island, find somewhere for dinner, once the sun sets drive home and have a party at my house.

What is your shave ice order?

Pineapple, pina colada and lime

What are your plans for spring break?

Large group of friends coming to visit, explore the island, show ’em a good time, drink a lot of beer.

Turn-ons?

Personality, smell is pretty crucial for me, similar hobbies/interests, outgoing, willing to try new things, beautiful

Turn-offs?

Bad breath, ignorance, too much extreme valley girl

What is your go-to meal to cook to impress someone?

A filet of salmon with sticky rice and cooked vegetables on the side

What is your drink of choice?

Honestly mai tais are probably my favorite drink. But on a daily basis I would just say beer. If I was rich I would just say mai tais

Is there anything you’d like to say to all of UH?

Stay beautiful.

Lightening round:

Beer or liquor?  Beer

Cat or dog? Dog

Beach or hike? Hike

Skittles or M&Ms? Skittles

Concert or rave? Rave

Bar or club? Bar

Alaskan grown, this collegiette studies Communications, Sociology, and Japanese at the University of Hawai'i. She has a passion for music, a recently rekindled love of writing, and truly believes there is nothing better than the four B's: books, boys, booze, and the beach.