This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

During Valentine’s season, a lot of us like to get into the spirits of things and listen to some love songs and ballads. Here is a list of a few of my favorite love songs and ballads to get you in the Valentine’s spirit.

Laufey – Valentine

Laufey’s newest hit has immediately become one of my new favorite love songs. It talks about unexpectedly falling in love with someone. Laufey’s beautiful harmonies and sweet-as-honey voice are the absolute selling points for this song.

Dean Martin – Innamorata (Sweetheart)

Dean Martin’s voice holds the key to a classic love song: smooth vocals with lots of emotion behind it. Dean Martin has a lot of love songs in his repertoire, and this one is a perfect example of his famous love ballads.

Peachy! and mxmtoon – Falling for U

This song perfectly blends the Lo-Fi genre with a love ballad to produce this cute collaboration between Oakland artist mxmtoon and Atlanta artist Peachy! to create a cute story about falling for your friend. I think that this song represents a very pure kind of love, and I find it super fun to listen to when I’m trying to get into the spirit of Valentine’s Day.

Phil Collins – You’ll Be In My Heart

I grew up watching Disney films and this soundtrack forever lives in my head rent-free. This song is such a banger of a love song, and I play it every February without fail. Phil Collins’ smooth vocals and amazing lyricism splendidly fuse to create this masterpiece of a song.

Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud

This song is such a classic, modern love song. Ed Sheeran perfectly captures the feelings of what you feel for that special someone as you grow old together. There is a reason why this song is so popular to play at weddings!

Shae Walker

Hawaii '23

Shae currently studies Communications at the University of Hawai'i at Mānoa and is the Campus Correspondent for HCHawai'i. In her spare time, Shae likes to listen to music, hike, and cook.