Style > Decor

My Top 5 Favorite Halloween Squishmallows for 2021

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hawaii chapter.

As Halloween has passed, I personally think it is a safe time to rank this year’s Halloween squishmallows (based on appearance) without offending anyone’s tastes. Each squishmallow is cute, but I wanted to make a list of my top five personal favorites and give my reasons as to why I believe each squish deserves its spot!

The 2021 squishmallows I will be ranking this year will exclude those from Claire’s and the Nightmare Before Christmas collection. Though, if I fail to include a certain squish, it is probably because I simply do not know they exist, or they did not make the list.

Len the Frankenstein Monster

Squishmallows Official Kellytoy Plush 8" Len the Frankenstein Bear -  Halloween 2021 - Walmart.com

In fifth place, we have Len the Frankenstein Monster. Len is really adorable, and the whole ‘monster’ theme is very fun and cute to cuddle. The reason Len has earned fifth place is because the squish itself is cute, but the Frankenstein hair is a bit off-putting for me.

Tally the Vampire Cat

Squishmallows Official Kellytoy Plush 8" Tally the Vampire Cat - Halloween  2021 - Walmart.com

Tally the Vampire Cat has earned fourth place on this list. Tally’s fangs are what makes the squish extremely cute, and her Dracula costume is also adorable on her. Though, I personally find the size of her red bow a bit too distracting and out of place in her design.

Tangie the Bat

Squishmallows Official Kellytoy Plush 12" Tangie the Bat - New Halloween  2021 - Walmart.com

Tangie the Bat makes third on this list, and originally, Tangie and Tally are tied in my eyes, but I seem to like Tangie’s design more. Tangie’s fangs add to the the overall ‘cuteness level’ of the squish itself, and I seem to like the different choice of fabric for the squish’s wings, ears, and belly.

Grace the Ghost

y7qHqVN lnFFn8 rwboQwSHy4MGbvyGQHzBfI73UHseceNqrhB9m1mfIjuLUe W9M

In second place, we have Grace the Ghost. The original Grace the Ghost does not have her wearing a witch hat, so I find this one to be much more cute and fitting for Halloween. To me, Grace’s only drawback is that it is possible that she may actually be prone to toppling over due to the bottom of the squish having a tail on the side.

Detra the Red Octopus Witch

Squishmallows Official Kellytoy Plush Toy 8" Detra the Octopus Witch  Halloween - Walmart.com

Finally, in first place, Detra the Red Octopus Witch dominates this list, because her design is cute and simple! Detra’s black witch hat is very simple and not too overbearing for Halloween. Also, her multi-colored tentacles add to the uniqueness of this Halloween design.

Just because these five Halloween 2021 squishmallows are my favorite does not mean that they should be someone else’s. Squishmallows are cute, fun to cuddle, and a great addition to one’s home, especially during the holidays, and this year’s Halloween really shone through with that idea!

Chloe

Hawaii '25

Chloe currently attends the University of Hawai'i at Manoa, and she is majoring in Secondary Education English. In her free time, she likes to play video games like League of Legends and Genshin Impact while also listening to k-pop.